On Saturday in Houston, the Astros’ unstoppable force met the extremely movable object known as the Seattle Mariners. I also bought a new shower curtain, so it wasn’t a completely lost day.
In Mariners News...
The @astros have pulled off the combined no-hitter vs the Mariners.— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) August 4, 2019
Mariners have been on the losing end of two combined no-hitter this season and both have been by at least 9 runs.
The largest losses in any combined no-hitters ever. pic.twitter.com/Fs8XRyj6BT
- For what it’s worth, the Mets made the World Series in 2015. Something to consider.
Last teams to get no-hit twice in same season were the Dodgers and Mets in 2015. Dodgers won the NL West that year at 92-70, Mets won NL East at 90-72.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 4, 2019
Mariners still could win 90 games this year ... if they go 43-6 the rest of the way.
- So, uh, the thing is, that Mark Langston game also came against the Mariners.
Aaron Sanchez is just the 2nd pitcher ever (Mark Langston, 1990) to be part of a combined no-hitter in his 1st start with a team.— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) August 4, 2019
(h/t: @StatsbySTATS) pic.twitter.com/LLdo7mNKJE
- Some AquaSox have made strong first impressions during their short time in Everett.
A bit of random #NWL news...— Josh Horton (@JoshHortonEDH) August 4, 2019
Trent Tingelstad (a MP product) and Patrick Frick will be named Northwest League All-Stars, according to skipper Louis Boyd.
Tingelstad hitting .231/.351/.340 this year. Frick .269/.397/.303. Join Damon Casetta-Stubbs & George Kirby as Sox reps
- When your co-worker tries to start a conversation at 4:45 p.m. on a Friday.
Also, pace of play people will love Gilbert, who just wants to get the ball and chuck it. He doesn't have patience for batters wasting time in the box, and he will even shoo away his own catcher after the mound visit has gone on as long as he deems necessary. pic.twitter.com/vsSvPgSMnS— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) August 4, 2019
Around the League...
- The Angels were hit with yet another devastating blow.
#Angels RHP Felix Pena was diagnosed with a right-knee sprain. Will undergo an MRI test.— Mike DiGiovanna (@MikeDiGiovanna) August 4, 2019
- Nelson Cruz enjoyed his second three-homer game in the last 10 days.
1st inning: HR— MLB (@MLB) August 4, 2019
2nd inning: HR
6th inning: HR@ncboomstick23 is on . pic.twitter.com/XMXVaJaNic
- Chris Sale had a rough start on Saturday in the Bronx.
Alex Cora & Chris Sale get ejected, a breakdown pic.twitter.com/r4LAdW4d21— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) August 3, 2019
- A departed Mariner will sadly be sidelined after getting hit by a pitch.
The Yankees announce that Edwin Encarnacion has indeed broken his right wrist following the HBP in Game 1. He's going on the 10-day IL, and Mike Ford is coming up from Triple-A to take his place.— Coley Harvey (@ColeyHarvey) August 3, 2019
- The Trevor Bauer Effect.
jose leclerc letting out some frustration — i have that ball going 477ft with an exit velo of 112mph pic.twitter.com/Czq80i60u4— ᴍɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴀᴅᴅᴏᴡ (@taddmike) August 3, 2019
- Sleater-Kinney is back with a new album that is due on August 16 and produced by Annie Clark of St. Vincent. Clark, Corin Tucker, and Carrie Brownstein did a New York Times interview about the band’s forthcoming project and moving on without drummer Janet Weiss.