Just another day on the Internet. Be safe out there.
In Mariners News...
- Jerry Dipoto had some very candid remarks about which Mariner prospects we’ll see with the big club this season.
“‘A few players that will be obvious additions for us will be Jake Fraley (and) Justus Sheffield,’ Dipoto said, adding that a number of prospects on Double-A Arkansas’ roster, which includes 2019 MLB Futures Game participants Justin Dunn and Evan White, will also join the M’s in September after the Travelers’ run in the Texas League postseason.”
Read this entire 710 ESPN article here.
- Ryon Healy’s season is over, as the infielder will require hip surgery.
- Ah yes, the ol’ “get me out of Everett”.
Felix in his 1st rehab start:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 3, 2019
2IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB, 2K, 4 groundouts, 20 pitches, 13 strikes. #Mariners
- Here’s a first look at recent trade acquisition Taylor Guilbeau, who Seattle scooped in the Roenis Elías deal.
Taylor Guilbeau strikes out the 1st batter. pic.twitter.com/xwsiGofcH9— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 3, 2019
- The Mariners are auctioning off a bunch of old Safeco Field signage. If you’ve ever wanted to own a sign that says CENTER FIELD, now might be your chance.
Around the League...
- White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson joined The Right Time podcast with Bomani Jones and dropped the instantly iconic line “It’s all about making that dope content”.
“They can’t stop me…I could care less about anybody there on the other side.”— ESPN Podcasts (@espnpodcasts) August 1, 2019
- @whitesox SS @TimAnderson7 joins @bomani_jones on the latest #TheRightTime to share a message for the haters of his game.
: https://t.co/PF3qC6Jeil pic.twitter.com/OOs3bSUbGJ
- Sarah Langs of MLB.com wrote about the history of teams who enter August atop their division. This was also a nice reminder that the 2001 Mariners hold the modern record for largest division lead on August 1.
- Luiz Gohara was DFA’d earlier this week, and has now officially cleared waivers and become a free agent.
- Outfielder pitching, pitcher in the outfield.
Vince Velasquez is a pitcher.— MLB (@MLB) August 3, 2019
He is playing left field.
He just threw a runner out at the plate.
- Ben Zobrist has resumed baseball activities after taking time off following his divorce. He is currently with Class A South Bend.
The Angels spent $34.35 million in free agency on Matt Harvey, Trevor Cahill, Cody Allen, Jonathan Lucroy and Justin Bour.— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) August 2, 2019
Cahill: demoted to bullpen
Allen: released (now with Twins)
Bour: demoted to Triple-A
- Did y’all know “All The Small Things” was originally called “Babycakes-Buttermuffin”? That and more in this Ringer story about the most naked band of the late-90s.
- Shouts to Crusty.