Hello folks! The Mariners spent the weekend beating up on the Blue Jays in front of their own fans (how embarrassing for them). Now that the weekend is over, we go back to the standard work week. Here are some links to get it started.
In Mariners news...
- An under-the-radar M’s prospect is finding success this year.
Adam Macko in his 1st PRO season with the #Mariners, #AZL & #Aquasox combined, played 23.1 IP, punched out 32, touched 93MPH and posted 3.09ERA.— Vladimir Macko (@macko_vlad) August 25, 2019
But the more important thing is that he can develop his skills thanks to the huge support from the organization.#TrueToTheBlue pic.twitter.com/671t9OsP1m
Around the league...
- A former Mariners farmhand felt that his retirement announcement was swept under the rug.
Andrew Luck trying to steal my retirement thunder. Let me have my moment, Andrew.— Ty Kelly (@tykelly11) August 25, 2019
- Front Office Sports dives into the craft beer craze around Major League Baseball.
- James Wagner at The New York Times wrote a cool feature on Vlad Guerrero, Jr.’s grandmother, who has helped fuel the baseball talent in her family for years.
- Minor League Baseball at its finest.
Here’s a first: Lake Elsinore leads 13-9. We’re told the manual scoreboard is out of ones. pic.twitter.com/HEmGnffi83— Jason Schwartz (@jasondschwartz) August 25, 2019
- José Ramírez is likely out for the season with a broken hamate bone.
- Pete Alonso continues to break records. The rookie slugger now has the Mets’ single-season home run record.
- I don’t know why I can’t stop watching this.