Hello everyone! There was a bunch of Mariners news yesterday, mostly surrounding prospects and injured players. Here’s what we’ve got for you today.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it, one of the Mariners top prospects may be heading to Seattle.
Jake Fraley just left Cheney Stadium with his bags packed. Make of it what you will. pic.twitter.com/N14Xqxqcjl— Josh Kirshenbaum (@J_Kirshenbaum) August 19, 2019
- Get your vacation planned early!
Here’s the Mariners Cactus League schedule for 2020. They haven’t announced report dates. How many players on the current 25 man roster will be there next spring ? pic.twitter.com/Wz6TTfiQz4— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 19, 2019
- A trio of Mariners prospects were picked for the MLB Pipeline Team of the Week.
- The Mariners also had a pair of guys appear on this week’s Baseball America Prospect Hot Sheet.
- Eno Sarris at The Athletic talked to Mariners pitching coordinator Max Weiner about his role with the organization. ($)
- He’s already initiated.
Pedro Costa, one of the M’s 2019 July 2 international signings, somehow wound up with the Lou-au shirt, and wore it to the DSL’s Beach Day. Fun fact: Pedro was not yet born when Lou Piniella managed the Mariners. pic.twitter.com/IVEMCtHAyx— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) August 19, 2019
- Here’s an injury update for ya.
Austin Adams threw a live BP session with Tacoma this afternoon. He came out of it feeling good. It would appear he could start a rehab stint soon— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 19, 2019
Mitch Haniger is not in Tacoma for tonight’s game. He’s been dealing with some lower back tightness.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 20, 2019
Shed Long is rehabbing and working out in Arizona. He’s been limited in what he could do because of the broken middle finger on his right hand.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 20, 2019
Around the league...
- This should be fun...or not.
Report: #Athletics to call up lefty A.J. Puk for his big league debut. https://t.co/kdMdv6Cd7y pic.twitter.com/9HLalTlMQ0— Minor League Baseball (@MiLB) August 19, 2019
- This is huge news for the defending World Series champs.
Boston Red Sox ace Chris Sale does not need Tommy John surgery, sources tell ESPN. A follow-up today with Dr. James Andrews confirmed the diagnosis of elbow inflammation. His return date is unclear, but for Boston, this is excellent news.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 19, 2019
Story at ESPN: https://t.co/EZZrKY2Hn0
The Braves will extend the netting at @SunTrustPark to the foul poles and barring any complications, the project should be completed by the end of September. pic.twitter.com/Ur2EUNGQOu— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 19, 2019
- The former Mariner has found a new home in an old city.
The New York Mets have purchased the contract of former Mariners reliever Nick Rumbelow from the Sugar Land Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League.— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) August 19, 2019
The 27-year-old went 3-0 with a 0.81 ERA in 22 appearances for the Skeeters. https://t.co/N5lLu5NCUk
- Puig your friend!
From my friend who was in the room: “Yasiel visited a child in the infirmary and he would not leave until they found Waldo. He spent ten minutes with him looking.” pic.twitter.com/CmwDANpZMj— Yoni Mernick (@OriginalYoni) August 19, 2019
- Speedy outfielder Billy Hamilton is making his way to Atlanta after being claimed on waivers by the Braves.