Is it Friday already? It is Friday already! Here are your links:
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners splashiest international free agent signing is official:
- Speaking of prospects, the Mariners are confident their rebuild is working ($)
- Important minor league update:
Rainiers news:— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) August 1, 2019
The M's signed former Marlins RHP Bryan Ellington out of an indy league and he will pitch tonight.
Also, Ian Miller cut his hair and it is hanging from manager Daren Brown's office door.
- Here are the results of that haircut:
- This pitch is my love language:
Around the league...
- Fangraphs ranks the prospects that were moved before the trade deadline.
- Ken Rosenthal has some thoughts on the trade deadline ($)
- The New York media isn’t pleased with how the Yankees handled the trade deadline. The New York Daily news complains about their lack of willingness to spend money.
- Another prospect hitting the bigs:
The Dodgers didn’t make a big move at the trade deadline, but they’ve got reinforcements coming: Dustin May, their top pitching prospect, will make his major league debut Friday, sources tell ESPN. May, 21, is nicknamed Gingergaard: his long hair is red, his stuff is like Thor’s.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 1, 2019
- Here’s an update from the Atlantic League, where MLB has decided to test some of it’s proposed rule changes.
- A dream is a wish your heart makes:
- Kara Eaker of the United States won gold on beam at the Pan American Games Wednesday. She scored a 15.266 with this spectacular routine:
- The Ringer has a fascinating look at how online writing has contributed to the evolution of language in a positive (!) way.