Hello everyone and happy Monday! It was a pretty light Sunday for baseball news, but let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- Check out this bio on Alon Leichman, a pitching coach in the M’s org who will be playing for Team Israel.
- Félix Hernández could be back in Seattle as soon as next weekend.
Around the league...
- Someone help me understand this.
I don’t know fully what this means but this is good pic.twitter.com/JHCl66NjUG— but doctor, i am chef boyardee (@BarrelJumpist) August 18, 2019
- Oh my god.
According to @Ken_Rosenthal, Jack White left this game to do his show and returned when they found out it was still going pic.twitter.com/pQtvgExCS2— Paid man gets bored (@cjzero) August 18, 2019
- Ronald Acuña was benched for admiring what he thought was a homer, but turned out to be just a single.
- This is amazing.
There's a chiropractor in my hometown who uses the movable marquee in front of his office to disseminate sports takes. He's done this for 30 years and it is the only bellwether for Phillies fandom I acknowledge.— Michael Baumann (@MichaelBaumann) August 19, 2019
I went home this weekend and the mood could be better. pic.twitter.com/9R2GVvNLvl
- Max Scherzer should be back in the Nationals rotation on Thursday.
- Pete Alonso is now the record holder for most homers by a National League rookie after slugging his 40th blast.
- This video is just brutal.
Fantasy teams that have already drafted Antonio Brown. pic.twitter.com/m9nm4Kr0aG— David Kitchen (@Socrdave) August 18, 2019