Hello folks! With the off-day yesterday, it wasn’t a super eventful day across the sport. Here’s what we’ve got cookin’ for you today.
In Mariners news...
- MLB unveiled its 2020 schedule yesterday. Here are some Mariners tidbits...
MLB just released next year's schedule. Mariners will open at home vs. Rangers on Thursday, March 26.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 12, 2019
MLB is releasing the 2020 schedule today. Mariners playing the NL East in interleague next season— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 12, 2019
- A cool look inside the M’s dominant High-A pitching staff.
Around the league...
- Although their Mariners profile is full of stereotypes, this is pretty creative.
- There will be more baseball outside the continental U.S. next year.
- Good sportsmanship or unreal confidence?
So Sugawara, with his team down a run in the seventh, got hit but didn’t take a base and apologized for not really trying to get out of the way bc he leaned in some.— Jason Coskrey (@JCoskrey) August 12, 2019
The ump ruled it a ball, and the kid hit a homer.
He wanted to show fair play in a place like Koshien https://t.co/Uq8gTVBjJ0
- Craig Edwards at ESPN compares the rest-of-season schedules of all of the contenders throughout the sport.
- Wow, what are the odds?
My wife’s colleague recently saw Reds-Cubs at GABP & got a baseball by luck. She wanted to give the ball to a kid after the game on the street & she found a boy wearing a Cubs hat & tried him. “That’s ok,” the dad said, “You don’t have to do that!” The dad was Nick Castellanos.— David Brown (@AnswerDave) August 12, 2019
- Rian Watt at Fangraphs looks into the stats behind the incredible season Charlie Morton is having.
- We miss you, Big Maple.
Paxton doing his best impression of Orioles fans pic.twitter.com/JfhS1ndizT— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) August 12, 2019
- Alex Rodriguez had half a million dollars stolen from his car in San Francisco.
- Tim Anderson hopes to be a role model for other young black athletes.
"When you mention baseball to other black people, I want them to think of me. It motivates the culture to try and learn more about baseball and motivates kids to get into baseball." - @TimAnderson7— The Undefeated (@TheUndefeated) August 12, 2019
Rewritten: Tim Anderson's new rules of baseball. Narrated by @ESPNMichele pic.twitter.com/p2HPE0Ba3Q