In Mariners News...
- Mariners prospect and Modesto Nuts pitcher Logan Gilbert has a 1.85 ERA with only 16 walks and 101 strikeouts through 16 games.
#Mariners No. 3 prospect Logan Gilbert hasn't allowed more than 3 runs in any start this season -- and that didn't change tonight, when he tossed 5 scoreless innings and fanned 7 for the @ModestoNuts.— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) July 5, 2019
Live @Mariners prospect stats: https://t.co/s5aDCFn32D pic.twitter.com/PchAciGSem
- Haniger has been advised by doctors to slow down his recovery.
Mitch Haniger was checked out by doctor in Seattle yesterday and word is he just needs to slow down recovery push.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) July 4, 2019
Servais: "He's just sore. We need to be really patient and give him time."
Around the League...
- See ya!
- The Mets Class A affiliate accidentally started a fire during their post game fireworks show.
The fireworks for the St. Lucie Mets did not go well tonight at First Data Field. They set a fire outside the stadium.— Michael Mayer (@mikemayerMMO) July 5, 2019
Photos from Shannon Cullen pic.twitter.com/KaALifPeki
- This will make the playoff race very interesting.
5 NL Central teams will be separated by 3.5 games when this day is over. At the moment, 9 NL teams are within 3.5 games of a Wild Card berth. To put it another way: 12 of 15 NL teams are very much in contention.— Richard Justice (@richardjustice) July 4, 2019
- Hard work pays off.
- Is this the future of bowling?