Good morning everyone! As the trade deadline gets closer, the market becomes more clear. Maybe we’ll hear about some more Mariners news today. Until then, to the links!
In Mariners news...
- Oh wow.
it's a little early, so make sure you warm up your voice first— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) July 29, 2019
Around the league...
- Our very own John Trupin wrote at The Hardball Times about his experience in Cooperstown.
- Well, this confirms our suspicions from yesterday.
- Can’t say this is surprising, but yikes.
- Wow, I used to watch this show a ton growing up.
as if marcus stroman weren’t cool enough...— mets throwbacks (@metsthrowbacks) July 29, 2019
he once won a $100 toys r us gift card on nickelodeon’s “figure it out” pic.twitter.com/vdnE71iQOP
- Well, I’m sure fans wish it wasn’t with the Angels.
- Trade season continues!
Right-hander Jordan Lyles has been traded to the Milwaukee Brewers, source tells ESPN. Right-hander Cody Ponce will go back to the Pittsburgh Pirates.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 29, 2019
- The Cardinals acquired former Mariner Zac Rosscup from the Dodgers.
- Also, the Phillies made a deal with the Mets for Jason Vargas. I guess teams really don’t mind trading within the division.
- All Mariners end up in Tampa eventually.
Other teams have predicted that the Rays would try to make an impactful deal, as they did in 2018, and they have been doing work on closer Edwin Diaz.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 30, 2019
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs wrote about Troy Tulowitzki’s career and whether he’s got a case for the Hall of Fame.
- Tony Hawk is living his best life.
Kid at skatepark:— Tony Hawk (@tonyhawk) July 29, 2019
“Are you Tony Hawk?”
me: I am
him: “no you’re not”
me: ok, I’m not
him: “but are you, FOR REAL?”
me: I am, for real
him: I thought you’d look younger
me: ME TOO