Hello everyone! It appears we’re finally in the middle of the trade extravaganza. Some interesting things happened yesterday, so let’s get to ‘em.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it, this news broke last night. Here’s a quick link to Castro’s Fangraphs page and in case you missed it, check out Kate’s writeup of the deal from last night.
The Dodgers announced that they have acquired infielder/outfielder Kristopher Negrón from the Seattle Mariners in exchange for minor league infielder Daniel Castro.— Ken Gurnick (@kengurnick) July 29, 2019
- MLB Trade Rumors reports that the Rays (shocking) and Indians are the foremost teams in the Domingo Santana hunt.
- The Herald released their feature on Austin Shenton even though he’s no longer in town.
- Keep an eye on this kid.
Dayeison Arias, West Virginia’s closer, is a name to know, but it’s been hard to find images of him dominating with his mid-90s heat and wipeout slider, until he conveniently posted this supercut on his Instagram: pic.twitter.com/MN06Du9ZpH— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) July 28, 2019
Around the league...
- Yesterday’s big trade news had Marcus Stroman going from the Blue Jays to the Mets, which confused Jay Jaffe of Fangraphs along with many others.
- Possibly related?
Unclear who or why, but someone was not happy in #BlueJays’ clubhouse post-game. A commotion could be heard from outside of the clubhouse. Wasn’t open to media post-game— Ben Nicholson-Smith (@bnicholsonsmith) July 28, 2019
- The Mets are kicking things into high gear now.
Some Mets information, per sources. The plan is to hold on to Marcus Stroman, not flip him. They are increasingly unlikely to sign Zack Wheeler to a contract extension. The likelihood is strong they deal at least one of Wheeler and Noah Syndergaard. They’ve hijacked the market.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 29, 2019
- Oh, this also happened.
Infielder Eric Sogard has been traded to the Tampa Bay Rays, league sources tell ESPN. Multiple teams were on him but Toronto ultimately settled on a deal with Tampa Bay.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 28, 2019
- Trevor Bauer wasn’t pleased when Terry Francona came to take him out of the game.
- It was a big day for the Blue Jays, who called up their top prospect. He will presumably debut today.
Bo Bichette is indeed coming up to join #BlueJays, per source.— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) July 28, 2019