Good morning, everyone! I’ve got some links for you because it’s Friday, you ain’t got no job (you likely have a job), and you ain’t got stuff to do (you probably do have things to do).
Anyway, here you go:
In Mariners news...
- “If I want to play next year, I need to go out there and pitch.”
Felix Hernandez threw live BP yesterday, and talked a little about the future.
- Baseball America ranks the Mariners farm system #11
- Here is the first in a series of articles coming from the Athletic on the Mariner’s acadmy in the Dominican Republic ($):
There's plenty of stories at the ground floor of player development; some sad, others uplifting.— Corey Brock (@CoreyBrockMLB) July 25, 2019
But all of them are important.
Our first dispatch from a trip to Mariners academy in the Dominican Republic.https://t.co/EpZs1O23YB
- The Mariners announce an upcoming Ichiro weekend in September:
Join us as we celebrate an icon.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) July 25, 2019
5️⃣1️⃣ https://t.co/QOPOP5ETXE pic.twitter.com/Z9AKekkF0x
- Good news for Domingo/the Mariners chances of trading him:
Mariners injuy update: Domingo Santana avoids the IL for now. They'll give him a couple days off in hopes the sorness in his elbow calms down. He could return as a DH this weekend— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) July 26, 2019
- Read a little more on the newest Mariner, Tim Lopes who made his major league debut after 7 years in the minor leagues.
Around the league...
- Boomstick, baby indeed:
1st inning: Nelson Cruz HR— MLB (@MLB) July 26, 2019
3rd inning: Nelson Cruz HR
5th inning: Nelson Cruz HR pic.twitter.com/VohY241LSE
- A trade!
Tyler White has been traded from the Astros to the Dodgers for minor league RHP Andre Scrubb, per source. @jakemkaplan had White to Dodgers first.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) July 25, 2019
If you weren’t on Twitter yesterday you have not heard this joke a million times, so let me be the first *clears throat * I guess the Dodgers didn’t want no Scrubb. (I’m sorry, please move along now.)
- The Ray’s playoff hopes just took a hit:
Blake Snell is expected to miss at least four weeks after undergoing surgery to remove a loose body from his pitching elbow, per @JCTSports. That leaves Charlie Morton as the team's one true starter for now. https://t.co/whXyIf7W0x— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) July 25, 2019
- Edwin Diaz left the game today after being hit by a line drive in his left toe. This is some good news:
Update: x-rays were negative on Edwin Diaz's big toe. Nothing broken, it would seem.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) July 25, 2019
- Troy Tulowitzki announced his retirement today. He’s one of those players you will think about and wonder what could have been if not for all the injuries.
5-time All-Star Troy Tulowitzki retires after a 13-year career. pic.twitter.com/iQpHSFzdka— MLB (@MLB) July 25, 2019
- His retirement will be an active retirement:
Looks like Troy Tulowitzki will join the coaching staff at the University of Texas. https://t.co/1xAcveXOXA— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) July 25, 2019
- This would have been cooler like 10 years ago, but hey!
We have signed two-time NBA Champion & six-time NBA All-Star @paugasol.— Portland Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) July 25, 2019
Welcome to #RipCity, Pau!
: https://t.co/72mv3dWQfO pic.twitter.com/gf2KUuqHbO