Good morning to everyone except people who have ever used the phrase Fri-yay.
In Mariners News...
- Those Arkansas Travelers are pretty good.
Arkansas’ team pitching rankings in Texas League:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 18, 2019
HR: #1 (22 fewer than next best)
94G, 59-35, 3.05ERA, 3CG, 9SHO, 28SV, 832.1IP, 728H, 321R, 215BB, 917K, 53HR, 1.13 WHIP.
- Modesto has also seen some very effective pitching this season.
Modesto’s team pitching rankings in the Cal League:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 18, 2019
Runs allowed: 3rd
HR allowed: 1st (18 fewer than next best team)
BB allowed: 3rd
96G, 3.43ERA, 864.2IP, 773H, 403R, 319BB, 1044K, 46HR, 1.26 WHIP
- If you want to see video of the play that Jarred Kelenic got injured on, the good people of milb.com have you covered here (sort of).
The Mariners have scored 32 runs in July. The Giants have hit 27 home runs in July.— Eric Stephen (@ericstephen) July 18, 2019
- Sam Tuivailala talked to the Seattle Times about his Achilles injury, and what it was like seeing Kevin Durant suffer the same fate in the NBA Finals.
- JULIOOOOOOOO hit Jarred with the old man filter.
Around the League...
- Our very own Kate Preusser and Nick Stillman wrote wonderful pieces in the latest edition of Short Relief.
- I’m a huge fan of these Phillies’ throwbacks. Bryce Harper’s headband,,,not so much.
- That very same game ended with Héctor Neris and Max Muncy trading spice.
Max Muncy said Héctor Neris screamed “Fuck you!” toward the Dodgers’ dugout after the last out. “He’s blown about eight saves against us over the last two years,” Muncy said. “I guess he was finally excited he got one.”— Pedro Moura (@pedromoura) July 18, 2019
- Alex Rodriguez has been writing stories about this year’s Hall of Fame class, with the help of Buster Olney. Here’s A-Rod on Edgar, and on Mo (with some great anecdotes about Rivera’s sense of humor).
- Aaron Boone got to clapping in an umpire’s face yesterday.
- This is a lot of fun.
- I spent most of Thursday doing a deep dive into Getty Images entertainment photos and just had to share some of my favorites.
- And finally, the cherries on top.