Hello everyone! I hope you had a pleasant weekend. Let’s kick off the week with some links.
In Mariners news...
- The M’s appear to be making room for something.
Andrew Moore has been outrighted to Tacoma. Mariners now have two open spots on the 40-man— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) July 14, 2019
- Check out what Jerry had to say on the Nuts’ broadcast.
ICYMI:@Mariners VP/GM Jerry Dipoto joined the @ModestoNuts broadcast for the fourth inning last night.— Keaton Gillogly (@Gillogly) July 15, 2019
If you didn't get a chance to hear it all live, you can listen to the entire conversation here. Lots of great content:https://t.co/yNXKwp2uAm
Around the league...
- The Rays very nearly threw a perfect game against the Orioles last night. Ryne Stanek (a 2010 Mariners draftee) and Ryan Yarbrough (a former Mariners farmhand) perfected the Orioles through eight, but it was broken up with a single in the ninth.
- Well that didn’t take long at all.
- The early moves continue.
Starter Homer Bailey has been traded to Oakland from Kansas City, sources tell ESPN. He's making the minimum, so the A's will pay him only $250,000 or so for the remainder of the season.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 14, 2019
- Fernando Tatis, Jr. is a ninja.
- Mike Trout was removed from yesterday’s game due to calf tightness, but at this time he is not expected to land on the IL.