In Mariners News...
- Cal Raleigh is, well, he’s good
Cal Raleigh in his last 23 games at Modesto:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 14, 2019
.349/.433/.880/1.313, 29H, 2 2B, 14HR, 21R, 29RBI, 12BB, HBP, 16K, SF, 3/3 SB. #Mariners
- He also hit a BEEF BOY BOMB.
Here’s the Cal Raleigh HR swing. pic.twitter.com/6YIrMMUs5B— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 14, 2019
- Am I ignoring the MLB team in favor of the Mariners Minors twitter? YES I AM. George Kirby got off to a nice start in Everett.
George Kirby in his 1st professional start:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 14, 2019
2IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 2K, 26 pitches, 16 strikes, 3 groundouts. #AquaSox #Mariners
Around the League...
- The Angels had a really nice tribute to Tyler Skaggs all the way around, including this.
The #Angels placed last night’s game ball in Tyler Skaggs’ locker. pic.twitter.com/8TIVZr549I— Maria Torres (@maria_torres3) July 13, 2019
- If you had to guess, would you guess he already had 100 bombs or wasn’t even close? I think I would have thought he was more around 120 or so.
Mike Zunino is good for 100 career homers (and a lead). #RaysUp pic.twitter.com/Cy2jzks08r— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) July 13, 2019
- An inter-division trade that might take a team out of the Mike Leakestakes.
Red Sox announced they've acquired RHP Andrew Cashner and cash considerations from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for minor league INF Noelberth Romero and minor league OF Elio Prado. Boston’s 40-man roster is now at 40.— Jen McCaffrey (@jcmccaffrey) July 13, 2019
- An old friend gets another crack in a familiar place for ex-Mariners.
Confirming: Phillies have signed Logan Morrison to a Triple A deal— Jim Salisbury (@JSalisburyNBCS) July 13, 2019
- ANOTHER old friends gets ANOTHER crack in a NOT familiar place for ex-Mariners.
The Lotte Marines of #NPB's Pacific League have signed OF Leonys Martin to a 1-year deal worth a reported $300,000, the club said Sunday.https://t.co/F1RJfYtGZI— Jim Allen (@JballAllen) July 14, 2019
- Bryce Harper? BRYCE. HARPER. (but seriously)
CANNON.@Phillies OF Bryce Harper just threw someone out from the warning track... pic.twitter.com/sbX6Y53f2T— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) July 13, 2019
- Bob Gibson announced he has pancreatic cancer at the age of 84.
- Sean Manaea had a rough rehab start.
#Athletics P Sean Manaea tonight for Stockton: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 4 K's. Allowed a three-run HR and two doubles. Two of the five runs scored after he left. 53 pitches, 36 strikes. Fastball 88-90 mph.— Zack Bayrouty (@ZackBayrouty) July 14, 2019
- I don’t know, I just think Woody Harrelson deserved better here. (There’s a whole thread)
drunk woody harrelson being kept from his seats at wimbledon is a huge mood pic.twitter.com/kjh7rMZt0p— #1 Woody Harrelson @ Wimbledon Documentarian (@TylerRuinsTV) July 13, 2019
- Speaking of English sporting events, British Open week is here—it’s at Royal Portrush this year.
Drink it in. pic.twitter.com/URjHOtQJrl— Tiger Tracker (@GCTigerTracker) July 14, 2019