In Mariners news...
- There are some incredible Edgar stories from his former teammates and coaches in this video.
- The Mariners published an extensive midseason report, filled with stats, notes, and player bios.
- So the Mariners have this prospect. His name is Julio Rodriguez. You may know him as JULIOOOOO. Sometimes he hits the stuffing out of the ball and becomes a hybrid of Rickey Henderson and Sammy Sosa on his home run trots.
- Shed Long checked off a seismic milestone on Thursday night/Friday morning.
Just experienced my first earthquake! WOW— Shed Long (@SLONG895) July 12, 2019
- MLB Trade Rumors dug into trade possibilities for Roenis Elías.
Around the league...
- Michael Baumann examined some players who are due for second-half regression, both positive and negative. A certain ex-Mariner closer is included.
- Alex Bregman fielded a grounder with his face on Thursday night and required stitches.
Alex Bregman was hit in the jaw by a ground ball and had to be removed from tonight’s Astros game moments ago pic.twitter.com/bDTVU1WRpO— Kyle ⚾️ (@KyleNYY) July 12, 2019
- Evan Longoria and FanGraphs writer David Laurila talked about hitting. In my opinion, they didn’t talk nearly enough about how insane it is that there are famous, unrelated people named Evan Longoria and Eva Longoria.
- FanGraphs also published a fun Franchise Player Draft. You’ll never guess who got picked first.
- Fernando Tatís Jr. is one of, if not THE most, exciting players in baseball. Sam Miller identified the other players who have worn the Most Exciting Player crown since 1999, when the Padres shortstop was born.
- Here’s the Black Keys doing their best T. Rex impression.
- Good tweet
[on Tinder]— average joe (@jazz_inmypants) July 5, 2019
ADAM: *swipes right*
EVE: *swipes left*
GOD: *clears throat and presses intercom* Eve can i talk to you for a second