Good morning everyone! The American League bested the National League in last night’s All-Star Game. We still have to wait until Friday before we start to see real baseball again, so until then here are some links to hold you over.
In Mariners news...
- It’s going to be a fun weekend in Everett!
Brandon Williamson will make his pro debut on Friday.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 9, 2019
George Kirby’s pro debut will be on Saturday. #AquaSox
- Check out this cool story at The Athletic about Justin Dunn and Pete Frates, the director of baseball ops at Boston College, who inspires Justin. ($)
- Corey Brock of The Athletic talked to Dan Vogelbach’s high school coach about his experiences with the young first baseman. ($)
- Baseball America breaks down why Jarred Kelenic has risen in their prospect rankings so much.
- Baseball Prospectus put the prospect spotlight on Julio Rodríguez. ($)
Around the league...
- I always forget about this, and it’s worth remembering. It would be cool if MLB did something like this, but not sure how much of an audience it would draw.
Yeah the Home Run Derby is cool, but nothing is more electric than the Korean bunting contest. pic.twitter.com/h5Acu4o34O— Jacob Resnick (@Jacob_Resnick) July 9, 2019
- I would be beyond shocked if this got passed.
Tony Clark says at the bargaining table he suggested ending the draft, which he says inherently limits opportunities for entry into the game.— Alex Speier (@alexspeier) July 9, 2019
- Alden Gonzalez at ESPN takes a look at the transformation of Hyun-Jin Ryu.
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs thinks this year’s Home Run Derby was one for the ages.