Hey everyone. This will be my last Lookout Landing post. It’s sad stepping away, but after talking it through with Kate and John, it feels like the right move. It’s been an awesome couple of years and I’m fortunate to have had the opportunity. I’m looking forward to reading this site for the rest of my Mariner-loving life. Without further ado, let’s get to the links.
In Mariners News...
- The Mariners added Matt Carasiti to their organization.
.@Mariners have signed Matt Carasiti to a minor league contract, released earlier in the day by the Chicago Cubs.— Baseball-Rosters (@RosterRoundup) June 8, 2019
- Mariners draftee Isaiah Campbell impressed yesterday pitching in the Super Regionals for Arkansas.
Isaiah Campbell was SPECTACULAR today!— NCAA Baseball (@NCAACWS) June 8, 2019
LINE: 8.1 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 SO#RoadToOmaha | @RazorbackBSB pic.twitter.com/zuNtuKFFbE
- As of now Jarred Kelenic has not been placed on the IL.
OF Jarred Kelenic has not been placed on IL at this time.— Keaton Gillogly (@Gillogly) June 8, 2019
- Mitch Haniger has been released from the hospital.
Haniger has been released from the hospital and is at home resting.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 8, 2019
- Evan White’s bat is heating up. He extended his hitting streak to 11 games.
Exit velo: about a kajillion.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) June 8, 2019
Evan White had himself a game last night for Arkansas. pic.twitter.com/nEFDdrebmW
- Yusei Kikuchi and Shohei Ohtani squared off for the first time last night.
Mariners' Servais on first MLB matchup tonight between Kikuchi and Ohtani: “Yusei has had a lot of first this year. He’s trying to beat the Angels. He’s not just worried about Ohtani. They’ve got this guy that hits in front of him that is really good, too." pic.twitter.com/ePfWKgJRCh— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 9, 2019
- Here is some video of the matchup.
Yusei Kikuchi & Shohei Ohtani went to the same high school in Japan.— Cut4 (@Cut4) June 9, 2019
They squared off twice in Japan (3 K & 2 hits).
They just faced each other for the first time in the major leagues: pic.twitter.com/B4cdPGSfPI
Around the League...
- The Astros are promoting top hitting prospect Yordan Alvarez.
- Brett Gardner’s decision to throw his helmet backfired.
Not a lot going Gardner's way lately. Can't even get mad without taking a shot to the face. pic.twitter.com/U1rEOUyBAX— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) June 8, 2019
- Did this toss hit a fan?
I think Brock Holt just hit someone with a ball pic.twitter.com/hngC07DPjE— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) June 9, 2019
- Kumar Rocker threw the first no hitter in Super Regionals history. He also struck out 19 batters.
Kumar Rocker....19th K and a No Hitter. pic.twitter.com/6Cqcb39mkC— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) June 9, 2019
- Craig Edwards broke down how two teams gamed the MLB draft system.
- Trevor Cahill is headed to the IL.
- Rays prospect Brent Honeywell will miss the remainder of the season.
- Catch up on the latest trade rumors.
- Here are seven relievers who could be moved at the deadline.
- Adrian Beltre is the greatest.
His head is sacred, his joy on the field is infectious.— Cut4 (@Cut4) June 9, 2019
As the @Rangers retire Beltre's number, we take a look at some of his silliest moments: pic.twitter.com/YRl0sbhR02
- While I still can, I will plug this account, which might be my favorite follow. It tweets a line from Toto’s “Africa” every three hours.
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you— africa by toto bot (@africabytotobot) June 8, 2019