Good morning everyone! The first day of the draft is in the books, and we’ve got even more coverage planned for you today. Let’s take a look at what you may have missed.
In Mariners news...
- Baseball Prospectus profiles Logan Gilbert in their latest Ten Pack. ($)
- Zac Rosscup has chosen to become a free agent rather than accepting minor league assignment.
- Congrats, Angie!
Congrats to @AngieMentink of ROOT Sports, who has been selected as this year's Moose Clausen Community Service Award winner by the Mariners RBI Club.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 3, 2019
- In case you missed it...
Mariners recall RHP Matt Festa and place RHP Chasen Bradford on the 10-day IL with a right forearm strain.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 3, 2019
- Congrats Jake!
- Here’s another reason to be excited about the M’s minor leagues!
- Rian Watt at Fangraphs talked about Daniel Vogelbach’s splits this season.
- We’re a day in now, but check out the chat that Marc W at U.S.S. Mariner had with Chris Crawford prior to this year’s draft.
- These are always cool to see.
Around the league...
- If you’re looking to keep up with the draft today, sift through Baseball America’s useful and interactive Draft Database.
- Great news for one of the Mets’ broadcasters.
- Jay Bruce appears to have one major thing he’s excited about now that he’s in Philly.
“My son can’t wait to meet the Phillie Phanatic,” Jay Bruce said.— Matt Gelb (@MattGelb) June 3, 2019
- Dan Szymborski taks a look at what Bruce could provide for the Phillies.
- If you ever wondered what it was like to be a scout...
The life of a scout isn't as glamorous as you might think, but every organization depends on these talent evaluators to create a winning team.— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) June 2, 2019
An inside look at what goes into scouting ahead of tomorrow's #MLBDraft. pic.twitter.com/FTSL58jUkd
- Well that didn’t take long: Carlos Gonzalez is back in the big leagues with the Cubs.
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs tries to find the team that is statistically the most exciting one in the sport.
- Odúbel Herrera has had his administrative leave extended by two more weeks on charges of assaulting his girlfriend.
- Yesterday was Pride Day, so check out which minor league clubs are taking part in Pride Games this summer.
- Ben Lindbergh and Travis Sawchik’s new book about player development just dropped today, but you can check out an excerpt of it at The Ringer.
2B Keston Hiura has been optioned to Triple-A San Antonio. pic.twitter.com/hX7RdUJcb4— Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) June 3, 2019
- In case you missed it, Jeopardy James lost last night. He seems to only have one regret.