Good morning! The Mariners did what they did last night, but today is a a bright new day called Saturday. Here are some links to entertain you while you wake up.
In Mariners news...
- The uniforms the Mariners and Astros wore last night were pretty great. Here’s Scott Servais sporting the originals during his playing days:
Mariners Manager Scott Servais wore the original version of tonight’s throwback uniform in the early 90s when he was a catcher for the Astros. pic.twitter.com/WT3H9091Ef— Mike Acosta (@AstrosTalk) June 29, 2019
There is currently a 165-run difference between the #1 DRS team (LAD) & #30 (SEA).— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) June 28, 2019
If you believe in '10 runs = 1 win,' that's 16.5 wins difference *just from defense,* and while I'm not sure I'm prepared to say it's really that large, it's a big deal.https://t.co/SlhAjs3U5u
- Bye Bye, Biddle:
LHP Jesse Biddle has been claimed off waivers by Texas. The #Mariners 40-man roster remains at 39 players.— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) June 28, 2019
- Another draft picks signs:
Supplemental 2nd-rder Isaiah Campbell signs with @Mariners for $850k (pick 76 value = $818,200). Arkansas RHP, 91-95 mph to 98 with his fastball, slider/cutter misses bats too, interesting splitter. Would be first Portugese-born big leaguer since Frank Thompson 1875. @MLBDraft— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) June 29, 2019
- Interesting interview:
ICYMI:@ModestoNuts pregame interview with LHP Ian McKinney. He does a great job of explaining his use of the advanced technology available to him to make adjustments on the mound.— Keaton Gillogly (@Gillogly) June 29, 2019
Around the league...
- The Yankees and the Red Sox have gone all the way to London to introduce 5-hour baseball games to the British. Their efforts will have at least one famous attendee:
Prince Harry will attend Sox-Yankees tomorrow.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) June 28, 2019
- While in London Aaron Judge discovers he’s just like us:
Fun moment from Aaron Judge today:— Brendan Kuty (@BrendanKutyNJ) June 28, 2019
"I was walking near the London Eye yesterday and I ran into a couple people that had the Yankees hat on. They had no idea who I was or anything. I was like, 'This is all right! I'm Aaron. Good to meet you.'"
- Step right up and beat the Mets:
The Mets are the only team in the majors with more blown saves (20) than saves (18).— Tim Healey (@timbhealey) June 27, 2019
- That’s a weird way to spell Daniel Vogelbach:
Source confirms that Pete Alonso has been invited to the HR Derby and will participate.— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) June 28, 2019
- In former Mariner news:
- Insert joke about feathers:
Brad Peacock goes on IL with sore shoulder https://t.co/AVx4T49mXu— Rotoworld Baseball (@Rotoworld_BB) June 28, 2019
- The USWNT defeated France to advance to the World Cup Semifinals. They will take on the England on Tuesday at noon. Megan Rapinoe scored 2 goals for the United States.
- Also on Friday, her NWSL club, the Reign FC, extended their unbeaten streak to 7 games after a road win against the Utah Royals. The Reign are still without 8 World Cup players, including a second member of Team USA, Allie Long.