Good morning everybody! The M’s had a nice win yesterday and hopefully they can keep it rolling against the Brew Crew today. Here are some links for you for the day.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic notes that Logan Gilbert is having a heck of a season after not pitching in the season last year. ($)
- Adam Jude at The Seattle Times talked to M’s prospect Evan White.
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs reviewed Edgar Martinez’s autobiography.
- Congrats, Kyle!
Congratulations to @KLew_5 on being named the @TexasLeagueMiLB Player of the Week!— Arkansas Travelers (@ARTravs) June 25, 2019
Lewis slashed .524/.643/.619 for the week going 11-21 with two doubles, one run batted in and seven runs scored.
Click the link below to read more.
Link: https://t.co/QSYuXXq5i9 pic.twitter.com/iGndAJR0gN
Mitch Haniger is on the trip. He’s moving closer to taking BP on the field.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 25, 2019
- Here are some minor league moves for the team:
Per the MiLB transactions, Andrew Moore has been promoted to Triple-A Tacoma.— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) June 25, 2019
In five starts for Arkansas, Moore allowed 12 earned runs in 28 innings, with a 29-to-4 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and a WHIP of exactly 1.
After his Sunday spot start, Ljay Newsome is back to Modesto.
Joey Gerber has also been promoted to Double-A Arkansas. Last year's eighth round pick (and Seattle's No. 19 prospect, per MLB Pipeline) has notched 39 strikeouts and held opponents to a .185 average in 25 appearances out of the bullpen for Modesto.— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) June 25, 2019
Around the league...
- Remember Danny Hultzen? He’s in the Cubs system now and is just a step shy of the big leagues.
- Oh wow.
Sources: Yoelkis Cespedes, Yoenis brother, defects and leaves the Cuba National Team in @CanAmLeague.— Francys Romero (@FrancysRomero10) June 25, 2019
- This is interesting, and scary.
A college hitter I know in the 2019 MLB draft told every team he wanted $400k+ to sign, except for 2-3 teams that included the Astros - he'd sign for $300k.— Kyle Boddy (@drivelinebases) June 25, 2019
When the scout for the Astros asked why, he told them he knew the tech he used to be good would be embraced by them. https://t.co/qgahopyUDh
- I guess CC is starting to regret not retiring this offseason.
“When I’m facing Cavan Biggio and Vlad Jr., it’s time for me to go home.” - @CC_Sabathia— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 25, 2019
- The end of an era: The Yankees have DFA’d Kendrys Morales.
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs wonders what a José Ramírez turnaround would look like.
- Shohei Ohtani continues his recovery from Tommy John surgery and will throw off a mound today for the first time since he went under the knife.
- Vanderbilt and Michigan will play in a deciding Game 3 tonight in the College World Series.