Good morning everyone! We’ve got an oddly high amount of Mariners news in today’s links, but there are other stories to mine too. To wit!
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic dives into many things in his week in review, including Marco Gonzales and Mariners prospects. ($)
- Rian Watt at Fangraphs took a look at Tom Murphy’s hot stretch.
- Shannon Drayer broke down the successes of a trio of M’s youngsters.
- If you’re wondering what Ichiro has been up to...
Around the league...
- Marcus Stroman took issue with Red Sox broadcaster Dennis Eckersley following the broadcaster’s criticism of Stroman’s celebrating.
- Alright then.
BREAKING: The Mets are fining both Mickey Callaway and Jason Vargas for their roles in last night's clubhouse altercation, but issuing no suspensions, according to general manager Brodie Van Wagenen.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) June 24, 2019
Van Wagenen called the altercation "disappointing" and "regrettable."
- Apparently Brodie Van Wagenen has been calling the shots in some key in-game moments.
Cardinals announce Jordan Hicks diagnosed with torn UCL. Yikes.— Brenden Schaeffer (@bschaeffer12) June 24, 2019
- An interesting decision, to be sure.
Breaking — The Nationals will activate Fernando Rodney to their 25-man roster before Tuesday's game against the Marlins. He will take the 40-man roster spot that opened after Trevor Rosenthal was released: https://t.co/dng5AdCh6X— Jesse Dougherty (@dougherty_jesse) June 24, 2019
- The Bronx Bombers!
The 2019 Yankees have now tied the all-time MLB record for most consecutive games with a home run (27).— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) June 25, 2019
- Devan Fink at Fangraphs says it’s not quite over for the Nationals this season.
- José Berríos is a dark horse in this year’s Cy Young Award race, writes Craig Edwards at Fangraphs.
- The Orioles have reportedly signed top draft pick Adley Rutschman to a huge deal.
- Tyler Glasnow was on his way back from a forearm strain, but he has now been shut down for an additional three weeks.