Good morning folks! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. While yesterday wasn’t a huge day in terms of volume of news, there were a couple of interesting stories. Let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- What a guy.
I love Rizzs demonstrating how to use a bottle opener as much as I love the Rizzs bottle opener pic.twitter.com/HCMZzXA2YY— Lydia Cruz (@TheLydiaCruz) June 23, 2019
- In case you missed the moves from yesterday...
Sunday morning roster moves for Mariners: Right-handed relievers Matt Carasiti and Mike Wright called up from Tacoma. LH Jesse Biddle DFA'd, RH Gerson Bautista optioned to Tacoma and Chasen Bradford transferred to 60-day DL.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 23, 2019
- This guy cannot be stopped right now.
#Mariners prospect Evan White didn't just extend his hitting steak to 22 games on Sunday, he did it in style with this go-ahead dinger for @ARTravs— Minor League Baseball (@MiLB) June 23, 2019
️: https://t.co/AaX44Q3Vmb pic.twitter.com/qTUw1vRnhu
Around the league...
- Guess he’s still got it!
Mariano Rivera hits an inside the park home run! pic.twitter.com/bXbxthoj7Z— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 23, 2019
- Levi Weaver at The Athletic explores the Rangers’ plan to prevent pitcher injuries and why it didn’t quite work out. ($)
- Things are flying off the rails in Flushing. Mets manager Mickey Callaway got into a verbal altercation with a reporter after their game with the Cubs last night. If you are subscribed to The Athletic, Tim Britton has a very detailed account of what went down. If you aren’t, The Chicago Tribune did a good job summing up the events.
- In perhaps the least exciting Mets news from the day, the team is considering shifting shortstop prospect Amed Rosario to center field.
- The Nationals have cut ties with reliever Trevor Rosenthal, as things just weren’t working out for the right-hander in Washington.