Good morning everyone! Enjoy your dose of links for the day.
In Mariners news...
- Here’s an injury update.
Sam Tuivailala threw around 30 pitches in his bullpen session yesterday. Said he feels good and is ready to get back.— Curtis Crabtree (@Curtis_Crabtree) June 19, 2019
Around the league...
- Somehow I missed this unique story on Padres rookie Logan Allen, but it’s definitely worth your time.
- To put things into perspective...
Last night, Logan Allen became the 19,522nd player to appear in the Majors. That number always blows my mind. You could take every big leaguer ever and they wouldn’t fill half of most stadiums. Heck of a club.— jesse agler (@jesseagler) June 19, 2019
- Max Scherzer pitched yesterday despite having broken his nose the day before, and he looked pretty rough.
Max Scherzer look like he spent the night at a fight club pic.twitter.com/wPbvvBV77Z— Sung Min Kim (@sung_minkim) June 19, 2019
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs wonders what the trade value for Max Scherzer is right now.
- The Red Sox have cut ties with former Mariner reliever Carson Smith.
- And another former Mariner reliever is without a job.
The Yankees have released RHP Danny Farquhar.— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 19, 2019
- Never give up on a play, they say.
Get yourself a catcher like this one. pic.twitter.com/q14Z1KkIi2— Jeff Eisenband (@JeffEisenband) June 19, 2019
- Baseball is on the rise in Sri Lanka. Check out why that is.
- Anthony Rendon has taken another step forward with the Nationals this year, writes Ben Clemens at Fangraphs.
- Elizabeth Merrill at ESPN says this is just the beginning of the Kumar Rocker legend.
- The Marlins have promoted top pitching prospect Zac Gallen, who is set to make his MLB debut tonight against the Cardinals.
- The Attorney General of the Dominican Republic claims the David Ortiz shooting was a case of mistaken identity.