It’s the first Sunday of June. I’m not sure what that means, but I know that you can start it off right by reading the links.
In Mariners News...
- Mariners prospect Gunn Omasko had surgery a couple of days ago.
We want to wish @GOmosako well after surgery today. You’ll be back better than ever!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) June 1, 2019
- Austin Adams takes an analytical approach to baseball.
- The Mariners are getting John Andreoli back.
Sources tell me the Mariners are acquiring outfielder John Andreoli from the Twins.— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) June 2, 2019
The 28-year-old (29 next week) hit .196/.324/.359 in 43 games with Triple-A Rochester this season. He made his big league debut with Seattle last season. CC: @LookoutLanding
- The Mariners are nearing a deal that would send Jay Bruce to Philadelphia.
Jay Bruce to #Phillies is nearing completion, sources tell The Athletic. Deal is pending a review of Bruce’s medicals and other final details. Once completed, #Mariners will net cash savings and receive a minor leaguer in return.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) June 2, 2019
- Here is Jay Bruce’s contract info.
Jay Bruce is owed the balance of his $13M salary this season and $13M next season. He also is due $1.5M as part of his signing bonus next season. Not yet known how much cash #Mariners will send #Phillies, but there is cash in the deal.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) June 2, 2019
- The Mariners are trying to trade more after Jay Bruce.
Mariners are deep in sell mode. “Trying to trade everyone,” as one rival put it. Beyond Bruce, also talking about Encarnacion, Healy, Gordon, Beckham, Leake, etc. Talks said to be “ongoing” with Phillies on Bruce.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) June 1, 2019
- The NBA Champion Sonics visited T-Mobile Park yesterday.
The World Champs. pic.twitter.com/ynBtecnSFf— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) June 1, 2019
Around the League...
- This can’t be real.
So Miami’s pitchers do this when the team takes the field and it’s excellent.— Brett Hudson (@Brett_Hudson) June 1, 2019
It may be possible that Miami’s baseball team is better at football than its football team. pic.twitter.com/qhE6Vmj3L3
Yikes. Danny Santana is pinch hitting for Joey Gallo with a 3-2 count after it appears (to me) that Gallo grabs his side on a check swing.— Levi Weaver (@ThreeTwoEephus) June 1, 2019
- Padres catcher Francisco Mejia was activated from the IL and optioned to AAA.
- Here is a FanGraphs mock draft.
- FanGraphs also broke down some of the top prospects in the NCAA Regionals.
- The Twins have been crushing the ball this year.
- Taran Alvelo struck out 16 batters last night in UW’s 1-0 win over Oklahoma State.
Play for each other.#WCWS // #MightyAreTheWomen pic.twitter.com/qSm0KDLa0z— Washington Softball (@UWSoftball) June 2, 2019