Howdy everyone! The Mariners may have lost last night, but Tom Murphy is our new overlord. While you contemplate this new reality, here are some links for you.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic checks in on the state of the team in his latest week in review. ($)
- Wow, this is neat.
- This tweet speaks for itself.
#Mariners injury updates ...— Lauren Smith (@smithlm12) June 17, 2019
-Felix getting a check-up today after being pulled early from his recent Triple-A rehab start with fatigue.
-Healy will have an epidural for his back issue, head to Arizona to rehab.
-Sadzeck hasn't resumed throwing, maybe this homestand.
- Ryon Healy has been diagnosed with spinal stenosis.
Around the league...
- Sung Min Kim at Fangraphs gives the Yankees perspective on the Edwin Encarnación deal.
- This is weird.
- On the other side of town, oof.
Diaz and Familia were supposed to be an elite 8-9 combination.— Matt Ehalt (@MattEhalt) June 18, 2019
37 Runs (36 earned)
**To be fair to Diaz, he owns a 3.77 ERA but has still allowed more hits than IP, and five homers.
- Devan Fink at Fangraphs breaks down Kenley Jansen’s intentional balk from a couple of nights ago.
- Justin Upton was activated from the injured list yesterday, and the Angels DFA’d Cesar Pello in a corresponding move. Upton then homered on the first pitch he saw in a blowout win over Toronto.
- Dallas Keuchel will make his season debut with the Braves on Friday in a start against the Nationals.
- Manny Machado has been suspended for a game for arguing with an umpire.
- David Schoenfield at ESPN wonders if the Braves are really this good.
- I love this (profanity warning).