Good morning folks! Let’s get today’s action.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners’ homer steak may have ended, but...
The Mariners have homered in 59 of their 70 games this season and the opposing team has homered in the other 11 games.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 12, 2019
The 70 straight games with a homer by at least one team is longest streak in MLB history, breaking mark of 69 by 1985 Orioles, 2017 White Sox & 2017 Rangers).
- MLB Trade Rumors explores potential trade matches for Edwin Encarnación.
- Adam Jude at The Seattle Times says that Justus Sheffield isn’t quite living up to expectations in Tacoma so far.
Around the league...
- What’s all the rage around Rays 19-year-old prospect Wander Franco? Jeff Passan dives into what the appeal is behind the newest super-prospect.
- Jayson Stark at The Athletic spoke to Jay Bruce about his experience getting traded. ($)
Klay's brother, Trayce, actually plays in MLB, making this even funnier https://t.co/GWY2kd4brO— Bradford William Davis (@_beewilly) June 12, 2019
The alleged hitmen who tried to murder David Ortiz were paid $7,800. Only $7,800 for someone's life.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) June 12, 2019
While police in the Dominican Republic haven't revealed the motive behind the attempted killing, five men are in custody. The latest news at ESPN: https://t.co/tFr3LS73qX
- The Indians will add more strength to their rotation when Mike Clevinger rejoins the squad on Monday.
- The Rangers have decided to push Drew Smyly to their bullpen.
- In an effort to manage the young right-hander’s innings, the Padres have sent Chris Paddack down to the minors.
- For you NBA fans out there, Haley O’Shaughnessy at The Ringer wonders what the league would look like if everything Stephen A. Smith said was true.
- In other NBA news...
In a landmark appointment for the NBA, the Cleveland Cavaliers are hiring University of California-Berkeley women’s head coach Lindsay Gottlieb to be an assistant coach on John Beilein’s staff, league sources tell ESPN.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 12, 2019