Hey folks! It’s Wednesday, and we’ve reached the halfway point in the week. We’ve got a good deal of news today, so here we go.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners appear to be enjoying Minnesota.
Nelson Cruz and Kyle Seager are having a hug party on the field.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 11, 2019
- Jake Anchia’s got style.
- The Lynden Tribune talked to Austin Shenton about his feelings on being drafted by the Mariners.
- In other minor league news...
Dimas Ojeda has retired from baseball. We wish Dimas all the best!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) June 12, 2019
Around the league...
- Levi Weaver at The Athletic tells the story of Rangers right-hander Phillips Valdez — on pen and paper! ($)
- You might remember the Oklahoma State softball player who went viral for her bat flip. The Cespedes Family BBQ boys interviewed her on their show.
Loved having @CowgirlSB star + #WCWS bat flipper @SamanthaShow03 on #ChangeUp to discuss going viral, why/when she started bat flipping, whether anyone has ever bat flipped against her, her favorite MLB players, and more. College softball is the best and we miss it already. pic.twitter.com/eb2uspo9LT— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) June 10, 2019
- Oh my.
- The legend of Angel Hernandez continues.
Here's the footage of Angel Hernandez ejecting Rangers manager Chris Woodward. Near the middle of the video is the clip of the wild safe/out call at second base. pic.twitter.com/ayumQ05ErQ— Andersen Pickard (@andersenreports) June 12, 2019
- Sheryl Ring at Fangraphs wonders how the Malik McDowell situation with the Seahawks can impact the sport of baseball.
- More David Ortiz news to report: he is conscious and “even smiling” in conversations with loved ones following his second surgery. Meanwhile back in the Dominican Republic, one man has been charged as an accomplice in the attempted murder.
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs tries to solve the mystery that is Joey Votto’s season.
- It has come full circle: Danny Farquhar has signed with the Yankees and will report to their Triple-A affiliate. You may remember that Farquhar was initially acquired from New York in the Ichiro trade.
- Corey Seager was removed from yesterday’s game, and team officials fear another major hamstring injury.
- In case you missed it, the United States Women’s National Soccer Team won 13-0 over Thailand yesterday, and...
The US Men's National Team has scored 12 goals over the last four World Cups— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) June 11, 2019
The US Women's National Team scored 13 goals today