Good morning folks! Not a whole lot of news came our way yesterday, just a little bit of bookkeeping. Let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
Mariners OF prospect Julio Rodriguez, who has been on IL since mid-April with a fractured left hand, has been activated and will resume playing with Class-A West Virginia.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 10, 2019
- More good draft news.
5th-rder Austin Shenton signs with @Mariners for $336,600 (full pick 156 slot). Florida International 3B, sweet left-handed swing, should hit for average, power potential too. Some Kyle Seager comps. @MLBDraft— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) June 10, 2019
4th-rder Tim Elliott signs w/@Mariners for $400k (pick 126 value = $451,800). Georgia RHP, arguably best NCAA D-I midweek starter before slid into weekend rotation, solid CH is best pitch, 88-94 mph fastball, average slider, lots of strikes. @MLBDraft— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) June 11, 2019
- The M’s prospects are getting ready to go!
The #Mariners wrapped up their 2-day Mini Camp with the recent signings from the 2019 MLB Draft. Tony Arnerich is working with Carter Bins (11th round/Fresno St.). The Aquasox headed to Everett today to open the season on June 14 at Tri-City. The AZL Mariners begin June 17th. pic.twitter.com/bIQNtDG1sX— Kelly Munro (@kmunro1) June 10, 2019
Around the league...
- There was a minor trade yesterday.
- Uh oh.
- It’s a little early, but here’s Jim Callis’ mock draft for 2020.
- You’ve heard the Mike Trout story by now, but check out this story on the Reds’ discovery of Joey Votto.
- Beyond the Box Score says it’s time you start paying attention to women’s baseball.
- David Ortiz is in stable condition and has been moved from the Dominican Republic to a hospital in Boston.
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs talks about young Braves right-hander Mike Soroka, who pitches like a grizzled veteran.