I encourage you to leave a motivational song in the comments. Something that really fires you up. Asking for a friend. Also, I encourage you to read and enjoy these links.
In Mariners News...
- Ruben Alaniz was claimed off waivers today by the Reds.
Mariners RHP Ruben Alaniz has been claimed off waivers by the Reds, leaving the 40-man roster at 39 players. Alaniz had a 20.25 ERA in four relief appearances with Seattle. He spent most of the first two months of the season with Triple-A Tacoma.— Lauren Smith (@smithlm12) May 31, 2019
- The Mariners recalled Chasen Bradford.
- Ichiro participated in some long toss today.
Ichiro is out on a quiet field this afternoon getting some long toss in.— Lauren Smith (@smithlm12) May 31, 2019
- Jarred Kelenic hit a home run yesterday.
Power win 6-2 in 7 innings!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 31, 2019
Jarred Kelenic 2-3, HR, 2B, 2R, 3RBI
Bobby Honeyman 1-3, RBI, SF
Onil Pena 1-3, 2B, R, RBI, BB
Ryne Ogren 1-2, RBI
Cesar Izturis Jr. 2-4, R, SB
Charlie McConnell 2-4, R
Logan Gilbert 3IP, 0H, 0R, BB, 6K
Devin Sweet 4IP, 4H, 2R, BB, 3K, WIN
- Seattle Magazine talks about what the Mariners need now.
- The DSL Mariners tweeted out their Opening Day roster.
DSL Mariners Opening Day Roster: pic.twitter.com/KG7hApOakw— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) June 1, 2019
- The Mariners might skip Yusei Kikuchi’s next start.
Around the League...
- Zach Buchanan of the Athletic wrote about Jarrod Dyson’s path to the big leagues. ($)
- Another week, another Baseball America mock draft.
- According to FiveThirtyEight, there are a shortage of crafty pitchers in baseball today.
- Mike Zunino was activated by the Rays yesterday.
- Angels prospect Jose Jaurez is making his debut against the Mariners on Sunday.
The #Angels are calling up No. 5 prospect Jose Suarez from the @SaltLakeBees to make his #MLB debut on Sunday. Here's the scouting report, stats, grades & more on the 21-year-old southpaw: https://t.co/tfiH8kaRXs pic.twitter.com/DwgTKnT2K2— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) May 31, 2019
- Craig Kimbrel and Dallas Kuechel could find a home soon.
The draft pick attachment goes away first minute Monday, at 12:01 am. So look for Keuchel/Kimbrel to sign after that, maybe not too long after. Hear Yankees/Braves strongly in on DK; Twins, Brewers, Cards, Rays among others. CK market also active. ATL, PHI, MINN, TB, many more.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) May 31, 2019
- MLB Network posted a video about Hunter Bishop and 4MOM.
Our Stories: Hunter Bishop, Arizona State
"Obviously, at the end of the day, I love it. But, I'd give up baseball for my mom back." While Hunter Bishop gets ready for the MLB Draft, he continues to play for his mother, who is battling Alzheimer's disease. (courtesy of Our Stories)Posted by MLB Network on Friday, May 24, 2019
- This was a really cool catch.
- A fake Twitter account led a family into the broadcasting booth at a Diamondbacks game.
- A Yankees writer tore his ACL in a media game.
- Emilio Pagan got hit in the face with a liner.
Oh no. #Rays reliever Emilio Pagan gets hit in the cheek on a Schoop comebacker— Juan Toribio (@juanctoribio) June 1, 2019
- Adley Rutschman was walked with the bases loaded.
- UW Softball takes on Minnesota today at 9:00 AM.