I can’t think of a better time than right now to catch up on the latest news and notes from around the league.
In Mariners News...
- Ryon Healy’s groin injury won’t land him in the IL.
Healy won’t go on the DL today. He has groin tightness but not a strain. His status is day to day ... like us all.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) May 4, 2019
- The Mariners acquired Austin Adams yesterday.
SEA has acquired 27-year-old reliever Austin Adams from the Nationals in exchange for SP Nick Wells.— Joe (@JoeDoyleWSU) May 4, 2019
Wells broke his arm on a comeback line drive last week, but was trending upwards at High-A.
Adams is 93-96 w/a plus slider. He's a low H/9, high BB/9 reliever. A "stuff" guy.
- The Mariners organization is among the top 5 in MiLB win percentage.
Mariners in top-5 for organization wins, lifted by the Power (A) and Travelers (AA), who are a combined 16 games over .500 https://t.co/UwPpIIlZfI— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) May 4, 2019
- La Familia de Tacoma takes the field today at 1:35 PM.
Around the League...
- Former Mariner James Paxton was added to the 10 day IL.
Prior to today’s game, the Yankees made the following additional roster moves: Placed LHP James Paxton on the 10-day injured list with left knee inflammation, and recalled RHP Jake Barrett from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.— Yankees PR Dept. (@YankeesPR) May 4, 2019
- Juiced Ball?
Yes, players are hitting it harder this year, too (as @enosarris has pointed out), but about those baseballs...— James Smyth (@JamesSmyth621) May 4, 2019
MLB BA/SLG on Fly Balls
- This is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while.
- Read about New Hampshire’s New girl’s baseball league.
Three words for you: girls. baseball. league.— Baseball For All (@baseballfor_all) May 3, 2019
RT if you’re excited as we are, and read all about this new NH-based league now ➡️ https://t.co/CMu56EskNa #growthegame #BaseballForAll pic.twitter.com/Dk19LgS3lv
- Former Mariners Alex Liddi just hit a walk off in CPBL.
Former Mariner Alex Liddi living his best life for the Chinatrust Brothers in the CPBL. https://t.co/ILqpn5cfh1— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) May 4, 2019
- Driveline wrote a big blog post on player development.
2nd part of the player development blog series - is your team good at selecting players and developing them? What are they good at? What if we heavily regress?— Kyle Boddy (@drivelinebases) May 4, 2019
Awesome research by @dan_aucoin13 that explains why spending $ on development is worth it.https://t.co/mlafIuAISW pic.twitter.com/w7LL9AZFTV
- Oakland’s Sean Murphy will be sidelined with a knee injury.
Tough injury news for the #Athletics: Sean Murphy has a torn left meniscus and will have surgery. Often a 4-6 week recovery but for catchers can be a bit longer.— Melissa Lockard (@melissalockard) May 4, 2019
- The Reds released Matt Kemp.
- Kevin Pillar is so good.
- The Huskies are looking for a sweep today.