The Mariners may be on a five-game losing streak, but the links remain undefeated.
In Mariners News...
- It sounds like Shed Long could be called up to Seattle tomorrow.
Shed Long has been pulled from the Rainiers game. Seems likely he'll be called up for tomorrow's game if Ryon Healy hits the DL with his groin strain.— John Trupin (@JohnTrupin) May 4, 2019
- Read up on Dee Gordon’s subtle swag.
- Logan Gilbert is good at pitching.
- Kyle Hendricks became the first pitcher to throw a 81-pitch complete game shutout since Aaron Cook threw one against the Mariners in 2012.
Well, Kyle Hendricks didn't quite do it.— Andrew Simon (@AndrewSimonMLB) May 3, 2019
But, with 81 pitches, this is the 10th time on record a pitcher has thrown a shutout in as few pitches as that.
Last: Aaron Cook, 81 for the Red Sox vs. the Mariners, June 29, 2012.
- Mike Leake can swing it too.
The last Red to have multiple hits in his MLB debut was...Mike Leake.— Joel Luckhaupt (@jluckhaupt) May 3, 2019
- A video with Dee Gordon and Dan Vogelbach? Count me in.
- Mariners prospect Jing-Yu Chang posted a video of him throwing a bullpen session yesterday.
- Check out Nicholas Stillman’s recap of his experience watching the Modesto Nuts.
- If you’re looking for a new album to listen to, Bucky Jacobson has a recommendation.
Great message by a dude that’s about to take the rap game by storm!— Bucky Jacobsen (@Buckyj33) May 3, 2019
Wish they had XXXL, cuz I like this shirt. https://t.co/q4QCOwdaFw
- Brendan Gawlowski wrote about Jared Kelenic’s sensational start to the season. ($)
Around the League...
- Juiced ball?
AAA Home Run Totals:— Minor League Stories (@MinorsTeamNames) May 1, 2019
April 2018 - 551
April 2019 - 960
AAA leagues started using MLB baseballs in 2019.
- Read here about Roberto Osuna, the Astros, and the Astros’ fanbase.
Ten months after acquiring Roberto Osuna, the Astros have no regrets.— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) May 3, 2019
A look at Osuna's assimilation, what the Astros have done to address domestic violence in the Houston community and the franchise's new normal - https://t.co/ctd8vcA1GT
- Former Mariner James Paxton is getting an MRI on his knee today.
James Paxton left the game with soreness in his left knee. He will undergo an MRI on Saturday.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) May 4, 2019
- This is mind blowing.
This is a 7-year-old Skye Bolt getting tips from Greg Maddux in a 2001 Ingles supermarket commercial.— David Adler (@_dadler) May 3, 2019
"At Ingles," Maddux says, "one quick stop is all you need to feed a whole roster of future big leaguers."
Bolt got called up by the A's today. pic.twitter.com/5KijIR8STZ
- MLB Pipeline published a first-round mock draft.
- The Giants DFA’d Gerardo Parra and called up one of their top 10 prospects.
- MLB Pipeline named 10 MLB trade candidates.
- Na Seong-Beom was expected to be posted to MLB teams this year, but a knee injury may derail his timeline.
NC Dinos OF Na Seong-Beom, who was likely to be posted to the ML clubs after this season, tore his ACL and partially tore the knee cartilage on a slide to 3rd base during the game tonight. He is out for season. It's a big blow not only for NC but also for his immediate ML hopes.— Sung Min Kim (@sung_minkim) May 3, 2019
- Yasiel Puig is the greatest.
Thank you to my new friend I meet in NYC. I see your sign and knew I had to meet you! He have his 40th surgery yesterday morning and his mom say everything went well came out of surgery all smiles. May god bless you and protect you bro pic.twitter.com/DtjVB02BOu— Yasiel Puig (@YasielPuig) May 3, 2019
- Former Mariner Jean Segura has been vital for his new team’s success.
The #Phillies in 2019:— Ryan M. Spaeder (@theaceofspaeder) May 4, 2019
When Jean Segura plays: 14-7
When Jean Segura does not play: 4-6
- The Huskies turned four double plays in their series opening win against the Cougs.