Good morning everyone! Things are looking rough for the big league M’s, but there’s good news on the horizon!
Jarred Kelenic will be activated tomorrow as the Nuts begin a homestand. Logan Gilbert on the hill.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 30, 2019
The “tomorrow” game in question is taking place today. Here are some more links for your enjoyment.
In Mariners news...
- Speaking of Logan Gilbert...
- Some updates on JP Crawford...
JP Crawford just walked through the clubhouse on crutches. He was not putting any weight on his left foot which was in a walking boot.— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) May 29, 2019
Dylan Moore will be recalled from Tacoma. JP Crawford will be placed on the IL with an ankle sprain— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) May 29, 2019
Around the league...
- Edwin Díaz had a really rough game yesterday.
Edwin Diaz: "Today was easily the worst day of my career."— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) May 30, 2019
- Let’s check in on a former Mariner...
- A pretty scary moment in Houston as a line drive foul ball off the bat of Albert Almora hit a young fan, forcing the fan to be taken to the hospital.
- Jeff Passan says it’s time that MLB adopts complete netting.
- This is some bad news for the Astros.
All-Star shortstop Carlos Correa has been placed on the 10-day Injured List due to a fractured rib. The injury will keep Correa out of action for approximately 4-6 weeks.— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) May 29, 2019
IF/OF Myles Straw has been recalled from Triple-A Round Rock.
Astros placing top pitching prospect Forrest Whitley on the minor league 7 day IL (shoulder fatigue) and he will be heading to Florida to rehab.— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) May 29, 2019
- The Giants may have had the best three-year run of draft picks in the history of the game, writes Grant Brisbee at The Athletic. ($)
- Major League Baseball announced that the Atlanta Braves will be the host of the 2021 All-Star Game.
Let's see how it's going in New York for Robbie pic.twitter.com/cqTyobQPZ9— Brent Stecker (@BrentStecker) May 30, 2019
- Royals starter Glenn Sparkman was ejected from yesterday’s game after hitting Tim Anderson with a pitch.
- I’m sure there will be retaliation for this.
- The Cubs and Cardinals will face one another in a London series in 2020.
- Sam Miller at ESPN tries to figure out just how good Cody Bellinger’s season could be.
- Would you eat this?