Hello everyone! Let’s try to wipe away last night’s loss with some links.
In Mariners news...
- Julio took a very important step in his rehabbing process.
- Logan Gilbert leads off this week’s Baseball America prospects hot sheet.
- Marc W at U.S.S. Mariner gave his take on the Anthony Swarzak trade.
Around the league...
- Yesterday in baseball history...
Today In 1976: An epic bench-clearing brawl breaks out between the #RedSox and #Yankees at Yankee Stadium after Lou Piniella collides with catcher Carlton Fisk at home plate! Boston pitcher Bill Lee suffers a separation of his left shoulder in the skirmish. #MLB #History pic.twitter.com/Piyj2xNNQi— Baseball by BSmile (@BSmile) May 20, 2019
- Yoenis Céspedes was just beginning a rehab assignment.
BREAKING: Yoenis Cespedes fractured his ankles during an accident on his ranch in Florida.— Tim Healey (@timbhealey) May 20, 2019
He is in New York to see doctors. The Mets don’t know what this means for him in 2019 and beyond.
“That’s the story from his standpoint,” Brodie Van Wagenen said.
More on Cespedes: It’s his right ankle, not both. Sounds like multiple fractures in the one ankle.— Tim Healey (@timbhealey) May 20, 2019
Brodie Van Wagenen said Cespedes suffered a violently fall (but it wasn’t off a horse) and stepped in a hole.
- Things are getting wild in Flushing.
After Mets higherups expressed their support for Mickey Callaway, Mets players held a players only meeting. That’s something that was overdue. Big day in Mets land.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) May 21, 2019
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs dives into what’s creating the Mets’ current mess.
- Hell yeah!
One magazine had a survey asking who their readers thought would be appropriate as the last runner holding the 2020 Tokyo Olympics torch, and Ichiro had the highest number of voteshttps://t.co/1mlVz1MhRq— NPB on reddit (@NPB_Reddit) May 21, 2019
With MLB's attempts to obtain mall-security video unsuccessful, Dodgers pitcher Julio Urías will return from seven-day administrative leave following his arrest in an alleged domestic incident, sources tell ESPN. MLB's investigation remains open. News: https://t.co/sYa5GHs9iC— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) May 21, 2019
- The Angels are in some big trouble.
Here’s what happened with Shohei Ohtani. pic.twitter.com/yG4UlNGvtO— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) May 21, 2019
Now, here’s what happened with Andrelton Simmons. pic.twitter.com/kVhjwEKjYi— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) May 21, 2019
Initial X-Rays are negative on both Shohei Ohtani’s right ring finger and Andrelton Simmons’ left ankle. Ausmus said they’re more worried about Simmons’ injury. They’ll know more about the severity of his ankle sprain tomorrow.— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) May 21, 2019
- I don’t feel like this has ever happened.
RHP Carter Stewart, who attended Eastern Florida State College after failing to sign with the #Braves as the No. 8 overall pick in last year’s draft, is in agreement on a contract with the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks of the Japanese Pacific League, sources tell The Athletic.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) May 21, 2019
- David Laurila at Fangraphs talked to a trio of right-handers about the development of their curveballs.
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs discussed the significance of Ryan Feierabend returning to the big leagues as a knuckleballer.
- The Texas Rangers will induct Josh Hamilton into the team’s Hall of Fame.