My roommate and I downloaded MLB The Show on the PS4 last night. Have any of you played this year’s version? If so, I am curious to hear your thoughts. Whether or not you have, I am curious to hear your thoughts on today’s links.
In Mariners News...
- Nelson Cruz thanked the Mariner faithful for a warm welcome back to Safeco. No, Nelson. Thank you. We will love you forever.
Seattle, Thank you for the warm welcome back to @TMobilePark— Nelson Cruz (@ncboomstick23) May 17, 2019
- Unfortunately, right during his return to Seattle, the Twins placed former Mariner Nelson Cruz on the 10-Day IL.
- Here’s a video tribute the Mariners threw together for Nelson Cruz.
- According to a player poll, the Mariners have the fourth best uniforms in the league. The players have spoken.
- I will just leave this here.
Around the League...
- Someone didn’t take a joke well.
the #mntwins royce lewis hits a double and does a few push-ups on second to show his team he needs to hit the weight room more and bradenton throws at him the next at-bat because....unwritten rules. pic.twitter.com/qFXATDjxhO— Parker Hageman (@ParkerHageman) May 17, 2019
- Dario Pizarro is spreading awareness for MS, a disease his mother is battling.
Rumble Pony @DarioPizzano25 is using his platform as an athlete to spread awareness for Multiple Sclerosis, a disease his mother is currently battling.— Nicole Menner (@NicoleMenner) May 14, 2019
This story once again reminds us that sometimes, it's bigger than the game itself #MS4MS @MS_4_MS @RumblePoniesBB @Mets_Minors pic.twitter.com/Uu1xqlEpk1
- I guess the Padres set a record the other night.
Adam Frazier singled to left field. The #Padres now have the record. 8,020 games without a no-hitter.— Full Press MLB (@FPC_MLB) May 17, 2019
- Carlos Gomez is now a Met.
- Any Londoners out there should prepare to see the Cubs and Cards play in their city.
- Ian Kinsler got pretty animated after hitting a home run Thursday night.
- Laura Fay, a cancer survivor, became the first girl to serve in the bat girl role during a Reds’ MLB game.
Give it up for honorary bat girl and cancer survivor Laura Fay. Laura served as the team's bat girl in the first inning, becoming the first woman ever to serve in that role for the #Reds during a regular-season game. Humbled I could help capture this for my friend @johnfayman. pic.twitter.com/7ItEvDqtAg— Kareem Elgazzar (@ElgazzarBLVD) May 16, 2019
- Trayvon Robinson literally cashed in one last shot at joining an organization and is now one step away from joining the Pirates MLB roster. ($)
- LA’s Promenade Mall would have been replaced by a baseball stadium if the Angels hadn’t said no.
- Taijuan Walker, who is recovering from Tommy John surgery, was just diagnosed with another significant arm injury.
- Nelson Cruz is the greatest.
Nelson Cruz making dreams come true. When he heard Joseph wanted to meet him he went above and beyond. Clubhouse tour, batting practice and a nice visit from the rest of the @Twins pic.twitter.com/R28hdaMSep— Dustin Morse (@morsecode) May 18, 2019
- A truly unbelievable story.
- Get ready for knuckleballs.
#BlueJays likely to start lefty knuckleballer Ryan Feierabend tomorrow— Ben Nicholson-Smith (@bnicholsonsmith) May 18, 2019
- Speaking of knuckleballs, here is a cool, old article from a student at the University of Illinois breaking down R.A. Dickey’s knuckleballs.
- The Huskies landed a commitment from Sawyer Racanelli.
- Too soon.