Good morning everybody! We’ve got just a light dose of links for you today. Let’s get to ‘em.
In Mariners news...
- David Laurila at Fangraphs spoke to Mitch Haniger about his hitting approach.
- Corey Brock at The Athletic tells the story of Parker Markel, the Mariners pitcher who went through an extensive journey to get to where he is. ($)
Around the league...
- The Marlins’ strange season continues.
The Marlins have no triples and haven’t received an IBB. They’re the 1st team to go 30+ games into a season w/o either. The 2015 Blue Jays went the most games (50) into a season w/o an IBB. The ‘82 Giants went the most (41) w/o a triple, confirmed by @EliasSports #quirkjians— Tim Kurkjian (@Kurkjian_ESPN) May 15, 2019
- We’ve all been there.
- Yankees third baseman Miguel Andújar will undergo season ending shoulder surgery.
- Yesterday morning, the Braves called up top hitting prospect Austin Riley.
- The Angels have called up Jared Walsh, a two-way player.
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs wrote about Chris Sale’s strong start and whether or not the left-hander has gotten back to form.