Good morning everybody and happy Wednesday! It’s the middle of the week, and the links are roaring on.
In Mariners news...
- Baseball America discussed Jarred Kelenic’s swing and how he’s found success in West Virginia this season.
- Kyle Youmans with the West Virginia Power wrote a feature on starter Clay Chandler.
- This is an interesting stat.
Great note from @MarinersPR: With last night's win, Mariners are 18-1 (.947) in extra-inning games over last two seasons. That's both the most wins and best winning percentage in MLB in that span. Oakland is second in wins (15) and Yankees second in percentage at .688 (11-5).— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) May 14, 2019
- That’s...good I guess?
Felix Hernandez has a grade 1 lat strain. Said he was relieved it was not worse. Felt it on the final pitches he threw Sat. Will be shut down for a short time.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) May 14, 2019
Around the league...
- The Brewers called up their top prospect yesterday.
#Brewers calling up second baseman Keston Hiura, sources tell The Athletic.— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) May 14, 2019
- MLB is moving on from Trackman to other technology systems, writes Eno Sarris at The Athletic. ($)
- Former Mariner alert.
The Giants are using an opener tomorrow vs. Toronto. RHP Nick Vincent gets the start.— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) May 13, 2019
- This comes as no surprise after yesterday’s news.
.@Dodgers place LHP Julio Urías on administrative leave.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) May 14, 2019
- Let’s Go Tribe wonders when it’s time to start worrying about the state of the Indians.
- Josh Herzenberg at Fangraphs talks about Astros starter Corbin Martin, who impressed in his first start of the season against Texas.
- The Yankees have acquired Kendrys Morales from the A’s.
- Vlad Guerrero, Jr. hit the first home run of his MLB career yesterday.