Happy Mother’s Day! Not only is today Mother’s Day, but it’s also my mom’s birthday. Additioanally, my sister is graduating from college today. I can’t think of a better way to kick off a day of celebrating than reading through the links.
In Mariners News...
- An aesthetic articulation of every MLB team’s record this season.
- C. Trent Rosecrans, who covers the Reds for The Athletic, wrote about watching Shed Long’s MLB debut. ($)
Around the League...
- Gerrit Cole has been dominant this year.
Gerrit Cole has 5 games this season with 10+ strikeouts ...— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) May 12, 2019
No other player has more than 3. pic.twitter.com/XV6us3L26r
- Zach Eflin of the Phillies threw a complete game shutout.
- Paul Sporer of Fangraphs highlighted 10 high performers in the high minors.
- Jay Jaffe looks at the good, the bad, and the ugly of team defense thus far. Unsurprisingly, he spends a solid chunk of time highlighting the Mariners.
- Madison Bumgarner put eight perennial competitors on his no trade clause so that he could have some control over which one he would be traded to. He ultimately has the power to waive the no trade clause for the team he wants to join.
Madison Bumgarner’s eight-team no-trade list, per sources:#Braves#RedSox#Cubs#Astros#Brewers#Yankees#Phillies#STLCards— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) May 11, 2019
Bumgarner chose teams strategically; list comprised solely of contenders that might want to acquire him from #SFGiants, not teams he wants to avoid.
- Way to go, Guillermo.
Guillermo Heredia goes up and grabs it! pic.twitter.com/NIRfNgrLyQ— DRaysBay (@draysbay) May 11, 2019
- Here are some tributes from players to their moms.
- A movie theater in Montreal was supposed to show Detective Pikachu, but instead aired a horror movie, leaving all the kids in the room terrified and in tears.