So I have a twin. I was born slightly earlier. She goes to Gonzaga, though, so she’s graduating earlier than I am. She gets done this weekend, while I have to wait another month. Nevertheless, she doesn’t get to compile the links, so I’d say I’m the real winner here. Let’s catch up on some news and notes from around the league.
In Mariners News...
- Check out Baseball America’s most recent mock draft ($).
- Shed Long and has bat have found a rhythm.
- Dee Gordon is going to take a couple days off.
Dee Gordon said the reason they did extra scans and tests today was that early initial prognosis postgame was that he had a fractured wrist. He's going to take a few days off before swinging a bat.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) May 10, 2019
- On the bright side, Dee doesn’t have a fractured wrist.
All scans came back negative on Dee Gordon’s wrist. He’s day to day like us all.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) May 10, 2019
- Congrats to Shed Long on getting called up to the Mariners.
- I see you, Mallex.
Mallex Smith blasts a 3-run HR! 8-5 Rainiers in the 6th.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 11, 2019
Around the League...
- The Cubs banned a person from Wrigley Field.
The Cubs have banned a man indefinitely from Wrigley Field for making an on-camera hand gesture that some associate with white supremacists. https://t.co/tYSEACogtJ— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) May 9, 2019
- The Reds made history on Thursday.
The Reds on Thursday had a designated hitter homer (Derek Dietrich) and a pitcher steal a base (Michael Lorenzen).— Doug Kern (@dakern74) May 10, 2019
No, no team has ever done that in the same game before. (cc @jaysonst)
- Mike Zunino is headed to the IL.
Hearing #Rays are putting Zunino (quad) on IL, will call up Bemboom— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) May 10, 2019
- Oakland’s Ramon Laureano has a rocket arm ($).
- This is funny.
This is the BEST. From last night, Bader playing games with José and Dexter regarding which outfielder he's been summoned to replace. And they're both totally into it. https://t.co/J2BnsLVaKE— Brenden Schaeffer (@bschaeffer12) May 10, 2019
- This is pretty darn cool.
This is incredible. Josh Donaldson just noticed something that gave away Greg Holland's slider so he moved up in the box. Holland stepped off, came back with the slider, and Donaldson hit it a mile. Next level stuff. pic.twitter.com/14oaJz4S5Z— Ben Porter (@Ben13Porter) May 10, 2019
- A couple that uprooted a protected tree has to pay over half a million dollars.