Good morning everyone and happy first day of May! I guess this is officially the point when we can start to extrapolate actual information from stats, which is kind of fun. Anyway, here are some links for you today.
In Mariners news...
- David Kahn with the West Virginia Power wrote about the importance of Dean Narvaez’s walk-off in a recent game.
- Ichiro is back!
Around the league...
- A big accomplishment for CC.
John Ryan Murphy, victim of CC Sabathia's 3,000th career strikeout, caught CC for 74 2/3 innings, 12th-most for any catcher in the lefty's career.— Andrew Simon (@AndrewSimonMLB) May 1, 2019
- Barry Bonds stats will never cease to amaze me.
Barry Bonds still has more intentional walks than the Tampa Bay Rays have in their entire existence.— Paul Moehringer (@PMoehringer) April 30, 2019
- But Mike Trout stats might be even crazier.
Mike Trout has been thrown 139 pitches clearly outside the strike zone this season. He's only chased *four* times. pic.twitter.com/Y9re45JD5W— David Adler (@_dadler) April 30, 2019
- Get the tissues ready for Rich Hill’s story at The Players’ Tribune about life after the death of a child.
- The Mariners have got to sign this guy to some sort of contract immediately.
- Fernando Tatis, Jr. has been placed on the injured list due to a hamstring issue from his stretch at second base a couple of nights ago.