What’s happening with the Mariners? I don’t think any of us really understand. Here are some links.
In Mariners news...
- Gosuke Katoh at The Players’ Tribune talked about how his life was impacted by Ichiro.
- Our very own Isabelle Minasian wrote about Edgar Martinez’s visit to the Hall of Fame.
- It’s great to see this guy back out there.
First time throwing off a mound since surgery pic.twitter.com/5meN2jG3Sh— Sam Carlson (@samcarlson33) April 8, 2019
Around the league...
There's something oddly entertaining about the Royals, who have a manager who has repeatedly said he would like to ban the shift, leading the Majors in shift rate. pic.twitter.com/VGRGnkuylp— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) April 8, 2019
- “No politics” and all, but this affects baseball so I’m just going to leave it here and allow you to reach your own conclusions
NEW: Trump admin. is moving to undercut a landmark agreement enabling Cuban baseball players to play on MLB teams by overturning an Obama-era decision, a senior admin. official tells @NBCNews. https://t.co/WSKCP78olG— NBC News (@NBCNews) April 8, 2019
- Things are only getting worse for the Bombers.
BREAKING: Luis Severino’s recovery has hit a snag, requires new MRI @bykristieackert https://t.co/Rca6VfdT3p pic.twitter.com/odYvderWVR— NY Daily News Sports (@NYDNSports) April 8, 2019
A bunch of #Astros fans started chanted “OVERRATED” at Aaron Judge.— Jake Asman (@JakeAsman) April 9, 2019
THE NEXT PITCH: He launches a rocket homer off of Justin Verlander.
Not too shabby... #Yankees pic.twitter.com/BTXeDQYFFH
- Chris Davis officially broke the record for most plate appearances without a hit to start a season.
- In case you missed it, Virginia captured the men’s college basketball championship last night.
For the first time ever ...— ESPN (@espn) April 9, 2019
THE VIRGINIA CAVALIERS ARE THE NATIONAL CHAMPS pic.twitter.com/s8RBxJrJ9o