The Mariners have played 10 games and have won eight of them. Have your expectations changed? Share your outlook on the season in the comments! Also, check out these links.
In Mariners News...
- The Mariners have hit more homers in 10 games than any team has in over a decade.
The #Mariners are the first team with at least 23 home runs in their first 10 games of a season since the 2006 Detroit Tigers (25 HR).— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) April 6, 2019
- Join the Mariners for hoodie night on April 12th.
The Mariners are back Friday.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) April 7, 2019
See you at @TMobilePark as the homestand opens with Mariners Hoodie Night.
️ https://t.co/uDDUaVlcMI pic.twitter.com/1eQLJ2AjBi
- Here is one of Jay Bruce’s two home runs from yesterday’s win.
April 7, 2019
Around the League...
- Former Mariner Chase De Jong got called up to the join the Twins.
.@Twins select RHP Chase De Jong; designate 1B Tyler Austin for assignment.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 6, 2019
- A high schooler hit triple digits on the radar gun.
HS righty Roki Sasaki hit 101 MPH on a Chunichi Dragons scout’s radar gun: https://t.co/gyTcky3dYU— Kazuto Yamazaki (@Kazuto_Yamazaki) April 6, 2019
- Former Mariner Mike Montgomery was put on the injured list.
Cubs send Edwards to AAA, Montgomery to IL https://t.co/isnMVrxDyQ pic.twitter.com/zib3kbSEh6— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) April 6, 2019
- FanGraphs broke down the value of draft picks.
- Andrew Heaney spoke to reporters about the emotional toll of injuries.
- Former Mariners prospect Alex Jackson is getting called up to play for the Braves.
Snitker says McCann will go to IL. Flowers x-rays came back negative, but they will check again tomorrow. Alex Jackson will be called up in place of McCann. They would ideally like to keep Flowers for emergency-only situations for the next few days. @FOXSportsBraves #Braves— Kelsey Wingert (@KelsWingert) April 7, 2019
- There were 50 home runs hit across the league yesterday.
There were 50 homers hit today, the most in one day this season.— MLB (@MLB) April 7, 2019
Enjoy them all. pic.twitter.com/IGZffrjpFr
- A few players that added significant velocity to their fastballs pitched yesterday.
- Here are six teams that need Craig Kimbrel.
- Alabama will miss the gymnastics national championship for the first time in more than 35 years. Florida State will also miss the national championship for the first time in nearly 20 years.
Your 8 qualifiers to nationals are Oklahoma, Georgia, UCLA, Michigan State, LSU, Utah, Denver, and Oregon State.— BalanceBeamSituation (@TheBBSituation) April 7, 2019
Florida will miss the national championship for the first time since 2000.
Alabama will miss the national champions for the first time since 1982.