Good morning folks! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Today may be an off-day for Mariners baseball, but the links power on.
In Mariners news...
For no particular reason: here's Jarred Kelenic's bomb from yesterday. pic.twitter.com/hFyP4pNzsv— Colin O'Keefe (@colinokeefe) April 28, 2019
- The M’s could really use him again.
On the good news side of things, Wade LeBlanc is making great progress coming back from the oblique strain, has been throwing the last 4 days, could get back on the mound mid-next week.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) April 28, 2019
- And we may see Tui again soon.
Sam Tuivailala close to being sent out on a rehab assignment. Was never placed on the 60-day IL. Will need a full build up of course, but on his way.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) April 28, 2019
- Kyle Seager is reportedly ahead of schedule in his recovery process and we might be seeing him shortly.
- The Orioles claimed reliever Shawn Armstrong off waivers from the M’s.
Around the league...
- Things went from bad to worse for Alex Reyes.
Alex Reyes has a fractured left pinky. Punched a wall after his last start for Memphis. Girsch says he’ll go to Jupiter and pitch from behind a screen for roughly three weeks. #stlcards— Jeff Jones (@jmjones) April 28, 2019
- Robinson Canó left yesterday’s game against the Cardinals after getting hit by a pitch.
- The Cubs are punishing any writers who publicly speak negatively about Addison Russell.
- Another one bites the dust.
DJ LeMahieu just walked out of the YANKEES clubhouse with a compression wrap on his knee. He appeared to be walking fine #yankees— Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) April 28, 2019
- Fernando Tatis, Jr. exited yesterday’s contest after a nasty-looking hamstring injury took place on the field.