Would you consider Sunday the end of the week, or the first day of a new week? Think about that while you read these links.
In Mariners News...
- Check out this interview with West Virginia Power catcher Dean Nevarez.
- In case you missed it, Dylan Moore pitched for the Mariners.
Utility infielder Dylan Moore on the mound for the Mariners.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 28, 2019
- The Mariners added Rob Benjamin to their staff.
- Kyle Seager is getting close to full health.
Kyle Seager has been taking grounders pregame during this home stand. Says he's got full range of motion after undergoing hand surgery in spring. Hitting off the tee for now. His swing is 100% - but joked with the way the team is swinging the bats it might look like 40%— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) April 27, 2019
- Logan Gilbert is an absolute machine.
Around the League...
- James Paxton doesn't look as confident in the batter’s box as he does on the mound.
Marcus Thames loved what he saw when Paxton took BP pic.twitter.com/dljxDD8LD5— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) April 27, 2019
- The Yankees knew Dellin Betances had a bone spur for a decade and never told him about it.
- Alex Bregman and Trevor Bauer are engaging in the trash talk.
- Never change, Fernando.
At the @BlueJays game, sitting behind the visitor bullpen; just watched Fernando Rodney pour himself a coffee half full, then top it off with sugar free Red Bull. Asked him what he calls that, straightfaced without missing a beat he answered “a wake me up” #MLB #bullpenlife— A.Spaz (@andrewspadzins) April 27, 2019
- If Brandon Belt played at Yankee Stadium, he would have a billion homers.
Sometimes I like to impose Brandon Belt's spray chart onto other fields just to make myself mad. pic.twitter.com/ZXU3Agp0MD— Kenny Kelly (@KennyKellyWords) April 27, 2019
- This whole Khris Davis 0.247 batting average thing is getting out of hand.
- The NLBM is hosting the cast of a play about Toni Stone, one of the three women to play in NLB, for a private tour.
NLBM to host private tour for cast of new Off-Broadway play on Negro Leaguer, Toni Stone! Stone, the 1st female of pro baseball, was 1-of-3 women to play in the Negro Leagues! @JPosnanski @jeff_rosen88 @fox4kc @KCTV5 @kmbc @41actionnews @deejackson41 @MLB @kcur @roundaboutnyc RT pic.twitter.com/tt9RTr2dFE— negroleaguesmuseum (@nlbmprez) April 27, 2019
- Chris Archer is headed to the IL.
- Terry Collins will be working two jobs.
Terry Collins, who is working as a special advisor in the Mets organization, has signed on to be a part-time analyst for FOX's baseball studio shows. He'll juggle duties, like Jessica Mendoza and Al Leiter.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) April 27, 2019
- Former Mariner Jean Segura got hit by a pitch in the helmet.
Jean Segura just got drilled in the head by a 90 mph fastball. He is leaving the game, but the ball hit his helmet. He is walking off the field.— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) April 27, 2019
- This guy has a point.
World, meet Toasty.— Poorman's Pressbox (@Safeco330) April 28, 2019
Toasty has terrible peripheral vision. https://t.co/IpqfhZQFKI
- Christian Yelich tied a record held by Albert Pujols and Alex Rodriguez.
- Pinch me, I’m dreaming.