Hey folks and happy Wednesday! While you prepare for today’s lunch-time matchup with the Padres, we’ve got some links to keep you busy.
In Mariners news...
- We’ve got an important minor league update.
Andy McKay said that Evan White will be back in the lineup tomorrow for AA Arkansas. He’s been dealing with some hip flexor stuff— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 23, 2019
- Sound the alarms!
Servais that Kikuchi will make the shortened start on Friday. Sheffield will get called up to follow him— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 23, 2019
- More alarm sounding!
Ljay Newsome doesn't just lead the California League in strikeouts...he leads the entire minors. All leagues. All levels. pic.twitter.com/6jF5cfu1yr— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) April 24, 2019
Around the league...
- The Yankees have gotten historically unlucky this season.
I know no one feels bad for Yankees fans, but the Yankees have 55% more combined previous-season WAR on the injured list right now than any other team has had at any point since 2002 (h/t @Bsb_Inj_Consult for the raw data and @JessieABarbour for research).https://t.co/rDQRqILQxR pic.twitter.com/872ERqwLvB— Ben Lindbergh (@BenLindbergh) April 23, 2019
Just a friendly reminder that Tim Anderson got suspended for “language” but Kyle Schwarber got 0 games for this. pic.twitter.com/YpvmiEW1dF— Scott Krinch (@scottiekrinch) April 19, 2019
- Harry Lyles, Jr. tries to figure out the rationale behind Major League Baseball’s suspension of Tim Anderson.
- Is it time for the return of Dick Mountain?
Rich Hill reluctantly went and made an additional rehab start against extended spring training hitters and struck out 16 in 6 innings and that is hilarious.— Joe Davis (@Joe_Davis) April 23, 2019
- R.J. Anderson at CBS Sports wonders why teams aren’t showing much interest in Dallas Keuchel.
- In case you missed it, Jesús Sucre, now with the Orioles, fired a 1-2-3 inning against the White Sox the other night.
- While Major League Baseball might be adding more offensive capability to the baseball, the KBO is doing the opposite according to Sung Min Kim at Fangraphs.
- This guy knows how it’s done.
I really have a love-hate relationship with NY. pic.twitter.com/AsFSJZgoSE— Glen Coco (@DamienPalace) April 22, 2019
- No politics, but this seems pretty interesting and not super messy: Jay Inslee will soon have the chance to sign a bill into law that will permanently put the state of Washington on daylight savings time.