Hey folks! We’ve got a good dose of stories for a Tuesday morning, so let’s get to ‘em.
In Mariners news...
- Even if the Mariners don’t make the playoffs this year, at least they’ll make the season interesting, writes Corey Brock at The Athletic. ($)
- In case you haven’t been keeping up with the Power...
Around the league...
@XOutSlavery and I have some exciting news to share: This year we’re expanding our @MLB teams and player ambassadors! I’m thankful to be partnering with these powerful and passionate advocates to raise awareness for modern-day slavery. We’re ready for you, 2019! #StrikeOutSlavery pic.twitter.com/S7Z7rydCgt— Albert Pujols (@PujolsFive) April 22, 2019
- Robinson Canó is getting involved in all sorts of charitable stuff.
Last summer, the Dominican Republic faced an apocalyptic scene as waves of plastic debris washed up and revealed the symptoms of our global disposable plastic culture. Consider a donation to support @players4planet clean up efforts by texting Give to (213) 354-7638 and Enter #p4p pic.twitter.com/lp46frgZXA— The Hoff (@Nolan_hoff4) April 22, 2019
- Here’s some potential starting pitching depth on the market.
Earlier today, LHP Gio Gonzalez was released from his minor league contract. He will not be added to the Yankees’ 25-man roster, thus making him a free agent.— Yankees PR Dept. (@YankeesPR) April 22, 2019
- As one goes out, another goes in.
- What the heck?
#RedSox right-hander Nathan Eovaldi will undergo surgery tomorrow to remove the loose bodies in his elbow, a source tells The Athletic. Had similar procedure in 2018 and missed two months while with #Rays.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) April 22, 2019
- Former Mariners prospect Trayvon Robinson has faced a long journey to get back to the big leagues, but he’s finally about to break through, writes Stephen Nesbitt of The Athletic. ($)
- Former Lookout Landing writer Graham MacAree thinks we should be more impressed with Khris Davis’ consistency.
- In the last year, Chrisitan Yelich has sored into a Hall of Fame level player, writes Sam Miller at ESPN.
- Sheryl Ring at Fangraphs wonders what the MLBPA can do to mitigate the negative effects of the Ozzie Albies deal.
- Bryce Harper was ejected from yesterday’s game after arguing with an umpire from the dugout.
- The WNBA will soon be more accessible to fans everywhere.