In Mariners News...
- Lauren Smith writes about how Daniel Vogelbach has cemented himself as a key contributor in the Mariners lineup.
- The Mariners are hitting lots of homers.
The 2010 Mariners hit 101 home runs total. https://t.co/Wbbg7ceSNK— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) April 21, 2019
- The Mariners tied another record.
With 53 home runs now, Mariners tie the 2000 Cardinals for most homers through first 24 games in ML history.— Brad Adam (@RealBradAdam) April 21, 2019
- Dan Vogelbach C’z the Z.
Around the League...
- The Red Sox put Nathan Eovaldi on the injured list.
.@RedSox place RHP Nathan Eovaldi (loose body in the right elbow) on 10-day IL, retro to 4/18; recall LHP Bobby Poyner from Triple-A Pawtucket.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 20, 2019
- Fransisco Lindor has been activated from the IL.
The Indians have activated Francisco Lindor from the injured list and designated Hanley Ramirez for assignment.— Zack Meisel (@ZackMeisel) April 20, 2019
- Unbelievable work here from Fransisco Cervelli.
This is so so so good. Francisco Cervelli frames a pitch that he doesn't catch, gets the strike call as the ball rolls to the backstop, and immediately asks the ump for a new one. pic.twitter.com/iZ3Z3CWEkK— Ben Porter (@Ben13Porter) April 18, 2019
- A Gleyber Torres homer was taken away due to fan interference.
- Seems unreasonable but okay.
Update via Mickey Callaway: deGrom might not get an MRI Monday. He’ll still get seen by doctors, but he feels good enough that they might not bother with the MRI. https://t.co/koAJwK11eD— Tim Healey (@timbhealey) April 20, 2019
- Former Mariner and current Cubs closer Brandon Morrow is getting shut down because of elbow soreness.
- If Gio Gonzalez isn’t activated by the Yankees by Monday he will be a free agent.
- This is pretty cool.
- Aaron Judge may miss some time with an oblique injury.
Aaron Judge left today's game with a left oblique injury. He will go to NewYork Presbyterian Hospital for further evaluation and an MRI.— New York Yankees (@Yankees) April 20, 2019
- The Yankees all-injured team is pretty solid.
ah good, now Jacoby Ellsbury can't even make the Yankees' All-Injured Team pic.twitter.com/wDzEhiX3t3— Andrew Mearns (@MearnsPSA) April 20, 2019
- Matt Shoemaker injured his leg during a rundown. He will have an MRI on his knee.
A tough scene here in Oakland with Matt Shoemaker, who appears to have injured his knee on a run down.— Lukas Weese (@Weesesports) April 20, 2019
For a pitcher who was doing so well and has battled injuries his whole career, this is a very difficult situation. #LetsGoBlueJays #MLB ⚾️ pic.twitter.com/ml70J3MlCH
- Isaiah Stewart will be bringing that hustle to Seattle next year.