After dropping six straight to the Indians and Astros, the Mariners are looking to complete a four game sweep of the Angels today. We’re back. Roll ‘Ners. Read the links!
In Mariners News...
- Lauren Smith writes about how Daniel Vogelbach has cemented himself as a key contributor in the Mariners lineup.
- The Mariners are hitting lots of homers.
The 2010 Mariners hit 101 home runs total. https://t.co/Wbbg7ceSNK— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) April 21, 2019
- The Mariners tied another record.
With 53 home runs now, Mariners tie the 2000 Cardinals for most homers through first 24 games in ML history.— Brad Adam (@RealBradAdam) April 21, 2019
- Dan Vogelbach C’z the Z.
He's just drawn walk No. 15. https://t.co/DJ5TMdhwMs— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 21, 2019
Around the League...
- The Red Sox put Nathan Eovaldi on the injured list.
.@RedSox place RHP Nathan Eovaldi (loose body in the right elbow) on 10-day IL, retro to 4/18; recall LHP Bobby Poyner from Triple-A Pawtucket.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 20, 2019
- Fransisco Lindor has been activated from the IL.
The Indians have activated Francisco Lindor from the injured list and designated Hanley Ramirez for assignment.— Zack Meisel (@ZackMeisel) April 20, 2019
- Unbelievable work here from Fransisco Cervelli.
This is so so so good. Francisco Cervelli frames a pitch that he doesn't catch, gets the strike call as the ball rolls to the backstop, and immediately asks the ump for a new one. pic.twitter.com/iZ3Z3CWEkK— Ben Porter (@Ben13Porter) April 18, 2019
- A Gleyber Torres homer was taken away due to fan interference.
Well, take Torres' homer away. After review, fan interference is called. And based on these angles, it looks like the right call. #Yankees pic.twitter.com/7MRvCNBkVu— Tom Hanslin (@TomHanslin) April 20, 2019
- Seems unreasonable but okay.
Update via Mickey Callaway: deGrom might not get an MRI Monday. He’ll still get seen by doctors, but he feels good enough that they might not bother with the MRI. https://t.co/koAJwK11eD— Tim Healey (@timbhealey) April 20, 2019
- Former Mariner and current Cubs closer Brandon Morrow is getting shut down because of elbow soreness.
- If Gio Gonzalez isn’t activated by the Yankees by Monday he will be a free agent.
Gio Gonzalez will opt out of his Yankees deal; club has 48 hours to add him to active roster or allow him to hit open market https://t.co/nxnLYHxx3Y pic.twitter.com/7Q3I4KagJa— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) April 20, 2019
- This is pretty cool.
Tatis jr. brought this from the Dominican. It’s a call out the to farmers cutting the cane sugar. Tatis could become a big deal in San Diego. via @heyscan https://t.co/JacjWNfv7d— Scott Lewis (@vosdscott) April 20, 2019
- Aaron Judge may miss some time with an oblique injury.
Aaron Judge left today's game with a left oblique injury. He will go to NewYork Presbyterian Hospital for further evaluation and an MRI.— New York Yankees (@Yankees) April 20, 2019
- The Yankees all-injured team is pretty solid.
ah good, now Jacoby Ellsbury can't even make the Yankees' All-Injured Team pic.twitter.com/wDzEhiX3t3— Andrew Mearns (@MearnsPSA) April 20, 2019
- Matt Shoemaker injured his leg during a rundown. He will have an MRI on his knee.
A tough scene here in Oakland with Matt Shoemaker, who appears to have injured his knee on a run down.— Lukas Weese (@Weesesports) April 20, 2019
For a pitcher who was doing so well and has battled injuries his whole career, this is a very difficult situation. #LetsGoBlueJays #MLB ⚾️ pic.twitter.com/ml70J3MlCH
- Isaiah Stewart will be bringing that hustle to Seattle next year.
Isaiah Stewart (@Dreamville_33) doesn’t have a low gear. It’s an all star game and he’s doing guys like that. pic.twitter.com/DktX1widvp— Drew Davis (@1997Davis) April 21, 2019