If it is links you seek, you have come to the right place.
In Mariners News...
- Nobody retires Mike Trout three times in a game... except for Felix and Marco.
Most recent pitchers to record 3 Outs against Mike Trout in a game:— Jim Passon (@PassonJim) April 20, 2019
Marco Gonzales - Tonight
Félix Hernández - Last night
Adrian Sampson - 9/24/2018
Brett Anderson - 9/19/2018
Dallas Keuchel - 7/20/2018
- The Mariners added some bullpen depth.
NEW: The Mariners have signed reliever Tyler Cloyd to a minor-league contract, and he'll report to Triple-A Tacoma. The 31-year-old right-hander made one appearance for Seattle in 2017, and pitched in seven games for Miami last year. He spent spring training with Tampa Bay.— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) April 20, 2019
- I’ve never in my life resonated so much with a quote.
“I’ve never in my life wanted to hit a ground ball” — Jay Bruce to me, this spring https://t.co/vNF3XIu1Rg— Eno Sarris (@enosarris) April 20, 2019
- Simply stunning.
this keeps popping up on my Netflix recs with exceptionally high reviews pic.twitter.com/N3a9bciRUt— Lydia Cruz (@TheLydiaCruz) April 20, 2019
- Jarred Kelenic is living his best life.
Nice to have my host family from @USABaseball18U over for dinner at the crib #Blessed pic.twitter.com/5Hos30rZyt— Jarred Kelenic (@JKelenic_1019) April 19, 2019
- MLB Pipeline highlighted every team’s best reliever prospect. Find out who they picked for the Mariners here.
- Julio Rodriguez will be out for the next four to six weeks.
GM Jerry Dipoto said via text that they are being very careful with Rodriguez and won’t rush him back. They expect him to be out 4-6 weeks https://t.co/JqdpG9j0nn— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 19, 2019
- Lauren Smith of the News Tribune discusses Tom Murphy’s contributions through April.
Around the League...
- The NCAA did not approve adding a third paid assistant coach for baseball and softball.
The NCAA officially announces the Division I council did not pass the proposal to add a third paid assistant in baseball and softball.— Teddy Cahill (@tedcahill) April 19, 2019
This was baseball's signature legislative push of the last few years and the sport now needs to consider a new plan going forward
- Drew Smyly threw over 100 pitches and didn’t quite get through four innings.
102 pitches in 3 2/3 innings for Drew Smyly, who is done after his eighth strikeout. I'm not sure I've ever seen that many pitches to get 11 outs.— Jeff Wilson (@JeffWilson_FWST) April 20, 2019
- In case you thought that was an inefficient outing.
A follower just pointed out that Dbacks pitcher Merrill Kelly threw 109 pitches in 3 2/3 innings today vs. Cubs. Seven walks, five strikeouts.— Jeff Wilson (@JeffWilson_FWST) April 20, 2019
- Bradford William Davis goes in depth about Tim Anderson’s suspension after getting drilled by a pitch.
- Marcus Stroman spoke out in defense of Tim Anderson.
I stand with @TimAnderson7 on this. Please read! pic.twitter.com/2EBE4woErp— Marcus Stroman (@MStrooo6) April 19, 2019
- The Mets explained their decision to put Jacob DeGrom on the 10-day IL.
An update on Jacob deGrom. pic.twitter.com/gHpHAz7zOb— New York Mets (@Mets) April 19, 2019
- The Diamondbacks acquired Blake Swihart.
The Diamondbacks announced they have acquired Blake Swihart from the Red Sox in exchange for international bonus pool slots and prospect Marcus Wilson. They have five catchers on the 40-man now.— Zach Buchanan (@ZHBuchanan) April 19, 2019
- It’s happening.
SOURCE: The Blue Jays will call up Vladimir Guerrero Jr. He will make his MLB's debut on Tuesday vs @SFGigantes, at Rogers Centre.#ZDigital #ZDeportes @z101digital @ZDeportes— Héctor Gómez (@hgomez27) April 19, 2019
- Mike Zunino was placed on the paternity list.
#Rays place C Mike Zunino on paternity list; recall C Nick Ciuffo from Triple-A Durham; option RHP Emilio Pagán to Triple-A; select RHP Casey Sadler from Triple-A; move RHP José De León to 60-day IL.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 19, 2019
- LoMo is headed to New York.
First baseman Logan Morrison and the New York Yankees are in agreement on a minor league deal, sources tell ESPN. He's got an opt-out date of July 1 and will make $1 million if he's added to the major league roster.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) April 19, 2019
- I learned that bees don’t have lungs.
180,000 bees that live in the Notre Dame survived the fire. Their beekeeper says the smoke didn't hurt them (since they don't have lungs), it just made them fall asleep. pic.twitter.com/462d3sjgfX— AJ+ (@ajplus) April 19, 2019
- Our thoughts are with the Hughes family and the Storm organization after receiving unfortunate news.
Storm coach Dan Hughes diagnosed with cancer.https://t.co/nQmWCkGbGB pic.twitter.com/c9Qg6ey6Bz— Percy Allen (@percyallen) April 19, 2019