Good morning everybody! I hope you’ve had a good start to your week and are ready to kick off today with some fresh links.
In Mariners news...
- In some former Mariners news...
A pair of ex-Mariners minor leaguers have found new homes in the Frontier League.— Tim Beckham Disciple Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) April 1, 2019
Marvin Gorgas, who spent all of 2018 with Single-A Clinton, has signed with the River City Rascals, while Nick Wegmann, last year's 34th round draft pick, has joined the Washington Wild Things.
- A well-earned honor for Tim.
Congrats to Mariners shortstop Tim Beckham, who has been named the first AL Player of the Week after batting .435 (10-for-23) with eight runs scored, two doubles, three home runs, six RBI and four walks in six games (including Tokyo games).— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) April 1, 2019
- Corey Brock at The Athletic talked about the wild story that brought David McKay to Seattle. ($)
Around the league...
- The brother of Mariners outfielder Braden Bishop has been crushing it at Arizona State.
- It’s not exactly extension season anymore, but that didn’t stop Xander Bogaerts and the Red Sox, who agreed to a six-year pact.
- With Miguel Andújar hitting the shelf yesterday, the Yankees have an impressive list of injured players.
April has arrived. Here's an updated Yankees IL tally to go with it:— Coley Harvey (@ColeyHarvey) April 1, 2019
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs discusses the various types of position-player-pitching strikeouts.
- Top Reds prospect Hunter Greene will undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Important news!