Hello everybody! Baseball continues along on this Wednesday. Here are some links to fill your heart with joy.
In Mariners news...
- Justin Dunn gives some of his personal thoughts in this story too.
#Mariners No. 3 prospect Justin Dunn just wanted to get deep into last night’s start for @ARTravs. He did more than by carrying a no-no into the sixth in a shutout.— Minor League Baseball (@MiLB) April 16, 2019
: https://t.co/YGxKLCfQVy pic.twitter.com/FyXbEF1lRo
- And here’s some more fun Travelers stuff.
Art Warren slams the door for his Texas League-leading fourth save: pic.twitter.com/ThYex2iNbd— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) April 16, 2019
- This is great news for anyone who was worried about Jarred Kelenic.
Safe to say that #Mariners No. 2 prospect @JKelenic_1019 has hit his stride, and done it by hitting to all fields. Since starting 2-for-25, he's raked at home, 7-for-16, HR, 3 2B, 5 RBI, 2 R, BB over his last 4 games. 1st pic was after first series, second is entering tonight. pic.twitter.com/icRtnFSESi— Kyle Youmans (@Kyle_Youmans) April 16, 2019
- How can you not love Dee?
Seen and heard just now in the Mariners dugout, Dee Gordon chasing down an analytics guy, “Hey, how many points did I get last night?”— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) April 16, 2019
- This would certainly add some intrigue to an otherwise boring bullpen.
Mariners reliever Gerson Bautista, out since spring with a strained pec, is throwing off the mound now in Arizona and could be ready to begin a Minor League rehab assignment in a week or so. Would likely need 3-4 outings before being considered for MLB return.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) April 16, 2019
Around the league...
- Those Cardinals fans must hate him.
Christian Yelich home runs, 2019— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) April 17, 2019
- The Giants will consider moving the fences at Oracle Park, according to a report from The Athletic. ($)
- A former Mariner will be back up in the bigs.
.@RedSox select catcher Sandy León, RHP Erasmo Ramírez from Triple-A Pawtucket; designate catcher/UTIL Blake Swihart for assignment.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 16, 2019
- I’ve heard that some Mets fans are pretty upset about Edwin Díaz’s usage here.
The Mets did not use Edwin Díaz last night in the highest-leverage plate appearance of their *season* in the eighth inning. They explain why, and I explain why I think they’re wrong: https://t.co/HyNRLfGD4h pic.twitter.com/Erfd3xrdS7— Tim Britton (@TimBritton) April 16, 2019
- Baseball continues to evolve. Sam Miller at ESPN explores how this year is different from years past.
- Crushing news for the Giants.
Joey Bart has a fractured second metacarpal in his left hand after getting hit by a pitch last night. Will be in a cast two weeks then reevaluated. Likely out till the end of May/start of June.— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) April 16, 2019
- Baseball sure is strange.
Baseball is great because it's possible both for Mike Trout to have *four times as many walks as strikeouts,* and also for the only pitchers to strike him out to be Adrian Sampson, Jhoulys Chacin, Jeffrey Springs and Frankie Montas.— Emma Baccellieri (@emmabaccellieri) April 16, 2019
- Dan Szymborski at Fangraphs takes a look at some early breakouts that we should expect to continue. Daniel Vogelbach content included.