Good morning everybody! Here are some stories to get your Tuesday started.
In Mariners news...
- Logan Gilbert is off to a solid start in West Virginia.
- David Kahn with the Power talked to Julio Rodríguez about where he is in his professional career right now.
- Marc Hulet at Fangraphs is getting hyped about Julio.
- The prospects are coming!
Servais confirms rookie RH Erik Swanson will definitely make his first MLB start on Wednesday in Wade LeBlanc’s spot.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) April 15, 2019
Around the league...
- See the resemblance?
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. now has exactly the same number of at-bats his dad had before his MLB debut. Through 1,055 AB's,— Kelsie Heneghan (@Kelsie_Heneghan) April 15, 2019
Vlad Sr: .343 AVG, 45 HR, 184 RBI, 95 BB, 115 K in 285 G
Vlad Jr: .332 AVG, 42 HR, 206 RBI, 149 BB, 137 K in 283 G
- Well, that turned around quickly.
Chris Davis has homered, and now a guy who started the season 0-33 has a higher OPS than Ian Desmond. (.396 to .376 at this moment)— Luke Hall (@OakTreeStatus) April 15, 2019
- Rhiannan Walker at The Undefeated discussed the issues that black managers still face today.
- The injuries continue for Angels pitchers.
The #Angels also placed Tyler Skaggs on the IL with an ankle sprain and recalled Jaime Barría.— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) April 15, 2019
- Yasiel Puig had a pleasant homecoming.
- It’s been a tough start to the season for Colorado hitters.
In the category of Batting Averages That Are Not Good may I present: The Colorado Rockies. pic.twitter.com/pxqCm5Xw7S— Andrea Gonzales-Hahn (@AndreaMarie13) April 16, 2019
- Alden Gonzalez says that Clayton Kershaw’s changeup could mean the difference in whether or not he finds success in the latter portion of his career.
- Imagine being as good at your job as Kevin Harlan is at his.